become an editor
the entire directory
only in Gastroenterology/Organizations
Health: Organizations: Medicine
This category in other languages:
Alpha 1 Association
- Organization which attempts to identify those affected by alpha-1-antitrypsin deficiency and to improve their quality of their lives through support, education, advocacy and research.
American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD)
- A nonprofit, member organization serving the educational and scientific needs of its physicians, researchers, and scientists, who are striving to prevent and cure diseases of the liver and biliary tract.
American Board of Internal Medicine
- Includes information on certification, examinations, policies, and publications of the ABIM subspecialties (eg. internal medicine, gastroenterology).
American College of Gastroenterology
- Organization involved in study and treatment of disorders of the gastrointestinal tract. The College promotes medical education and attempts to meet the needs of clinical gastroenterology practitioners.
American Gastroenterological Association
- Organization of physicians, researchers and educators whose primary practice or research involves the functions and disorders of the digestive system. Provides information on new developments, jobs available, and a free medicine database.
American Liver Foundation
- Provides information about liver in health and disease, research funding, and patient related information.
American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Represents gastroenterologists, surgeons, and other digestive health specialists who are committed to diagnosis and treatment of GI disease through the appropriate use of endoscopic techniques.
American Society of Bariatric Physicians (ASBP)
- National medical society of licensed physicians offering specialized programs in the medical treatment of obesity (bariatrics), weight loss and dieting.
American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- Society of board certified surgeons. Promotes the science and practice of treatment of patients. Search for a surgeon, research, newsletter, and membership information.
Canadian Association of Gastroenterology
- Organization of gastroenterology practitioners and researchers based in Canada.
Canadian Digestive Health Foundation
- Dedicated to public education and promoting research to improve quality of life of Canadians with digestive disorders and their families.
CCFA: Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
- American organization focused on improving the quality of life of people with Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis through research. Provides information for both physicians and patients.
Digestive Disease National Coalition
- The DDNC is an advocacy organization comprised of the major national voluntary and professional societies concerned with digestive diseases. Read about the organization and their mission and goals.
Digestive Disease Week
- Organization of practitioners focused on digestive diseases.
European Association for the Study of the Liver
- Promotes hepatology research, public awareness of liver disease, and physician education. Publishes 'The Journal of Hepatology.' Selected articles available online.
Helicobacter Pylori Foundation
- Dedicated to providing latest information about Helicobacter pylori, its diagnosis, treatment and clinical correlations.
International Foundation for Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders (IFFGD)
- A nonprofit education and research organization whose mission is to inform, assist, and support people affected by functional gastrointestinal disorders or bowel incontinence.
International Liver Transplantation Society
- Organization focused on promoting education and research by disseminating and exchanging information related to liver transplantation within the medical community, as well as to the public
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
- Conducts and supports research on kidney, urologic, hematologic, digestive, metabolic and endocrine diseases, as well as on diabetes and nutrition.
North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- Advances the understanding of the normal development and physiology of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and liver in infants, children, and adolescents.
OMED: World Organization for Digestive Endoscopy
- International organization which participates in promotion of the study and advancement of gastrointestinal endoscopy and works to establish standards of practice and training in endoscopy.
Pediatric / Adolescent Gastroesophageal Reflux Association (PAGER)
- Non-profit organization that provides information and support to parents, patients and doctors about Gastroesophageal Reflux (GER).
Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract
- The objectives of the society are to stimulate and foster the development of surgical techniques with a focus on diseases of the alimentary tract. Includes practice guidelines for a few digestive diseases.
Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons
- Professional society and CME meeting, representing board certified surgeons who use endoscopy and laparoscopy as an integral part of their treatment of patients.
The Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- Non-profit organization dedicated to ensuring the highest standards for the practice of laparoscopy, endoscopy and minimally-invasive surgery.
World Organisation of Gastroenterology
- Organization with focus on development of gastroenterology worldwide by supporting interaction between affiliated gastroenterological associations and by supporting research, education and ethics.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 17, 2014 at 8:24:04 UTC -