become an editor
the entire directory
only in Informatics/Departments
Open Directory - Health: Medicine: Informatics: Departments
Health: Medicine: Research: Institutes, Departments, and Laboratories
Center for Biomedical Informatics, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- CBMi's faculty and staff details plus information on support programs, informatics education, collaborations, communications archive, publications, press releases, posters and presentations, bioinformatics core clinical reporting unit, Pediatrics Research Consortium and Links.
Clinical Informatics Research & Development Group - Partners Healthcare
- Undertakes applied informatics research and development,key design issues enterprise clinical systems including clinical workflows, usability, controlled terminology, knowledge management and clinical decision support. Details include mission, projects, publications, staff details, future directions and links.
Cognitive Science Branch (CgSB) National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health
- Research in computer and information technologies involving investigation of linguistic, statistical, and knowledge-based methods, for improving access to biomedical information. Participation in the Unified Medical Language System (UMLS)project, NLM's Indexing Initiative and use of digital libraries. Collaborating with NLM's History of Medicine Division on profiles in science, a project to digitize collections of prominent biomedical scientists.
Gateway to Health Informatics For Teaching (GHIFT)
- Information on acronyms, CAL resources, events, internet print and learning resources, organisations, and people.
Health Information Technologies Research Laboratory
- Undertakes research and development in computational linguistics, software engineering and information systems. Includes details of collaborative projects, publications, and enhancement technologies. Sydney, Australia.
Mayo Biomedical Informatics
- The Division of Biomedical Informatics at Mayo Clinic engages in research, development and evaluation of many topics including: Classification and terminology systems in knowledge contexts; Health and genomics standards development; management and retrieval of patient and genomic data
MedExpert / WWW
- A set of medical URLs for fields linking to 65 medical expert and knowledge-based systems. Details of the programs, links to online versions, information about pricing and availability, clinical use, information about the developer, contact addresses, and evaluation statistics. Site indicates last update March 16, 2002.
Pathmaster project of the Yale Center for Medical Informatics
- PathMaster is a prototype cell-image database developed to serve as a pilot Next Generation Internet (NGI) testbed. PathMaster extracts mathematical features from cytology images and uses those features to index and retrieve cell images from an image database.
Sowerby Centre for Health Informatics at Newcastle (SCHIN)
- UK research centre. Active in Clinical Practice Guideline Architecture (CPGA) with HL7 also working on PRODIGY project and GALEN as well as the County Durham and Darlington Electronic Health Record Project (DuDEHR).
- A NLG-formalism which allows for the automatic, syntax-driven generation of stylistically acceptable clinical documents.
The Medical College of Wisconsin Office of Clinical Informatics
- Details academic staff, activities, security and information resources. Discusses clinical information systems, educational opportunities, details of a Master of Science in Medical Informatics and various links and resources.
The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh: Faculty of Health Informatics
- Offering information and internet based courses for healthcare workers worldwide.
Veterans Affairs Information Resource Center (VIReC)
- Develops and disseminates information about data resources for evaluating the reliability and validity of data used in research on U.S. military veterans' health services.
W.M. Keck Center for Computational and Structural Biology
- Research and training at the interface between biological and biomedical sciences and the computational and physical sciences. Detailed page on publications and research.
Usenet sci.med.informatics newsgroup -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 7:55:46 PM EDT -