become an editor
the entire directory
only in X-Ray/Mammography
Open Directory - Health: Medicine: Imaging: X-Ray: Mammography
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Cancer: Breast: Investigations
Health: Medicine: Imaging: Ultrasonography: Breast
Health: Women's Health: Conditions and Diseases: Breast
Australian Screening Mammography Decision Aid Trial
- Presents current evidence to assist low-risk women decide whether to have a mammogram early. Includes a worksheet to determine individual risks.
- FAQ about breast cancer and mammpgraphy screening.
Early Detection of Breast Cancer
- Patient fact sheet about screening mammograms, from the Cancer Council, Australia.
- A fact sheet from the National Cancer Institute. Defines screening and diagnostic procedures, and explains the screening guidelines and risk factors for breast cancer.
- Relationship of this characteristic to breast cancer risk.
Mammographic Image Analysis
- Features research articles, discussion group, conference calendar, and image databases.
Potential Benefits and Risks of Mammograms
- Detailed information, answers to common questions and a questionnaire. Part of a scientific study being conducted at the University of California, San Francisco.
- Patient information on the procedure, preparation, benefits, and risks.
The Simple Facts About Having a Breastscreen
- Fact sheet and FAQ from the Queensland Department of Health.
Model of outcomes of screening mammography
- Evidence-based article from the British Medical Journal. (April 23, 2005)
Routine screening mammography: how important is the radiation-risk side of the benefit-risk equation?
- Research published in the International Journal of Radiology considers the importance of potential risks. [PDF] (July 09, 2002)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 7:24:07 AM EDT -