become an editor
the entire directory
only in Evidence_Based_Medicine/Neurology
Evidence Based Medicine
Health: Medicine: Medical Specialties: Neurology
American Academy of Neurology - Practice Guidelines
- Evidence-based guidelines for neurologic disorders.
Association of Mediterranean diet with Mild Cognitive Impairment and Alzheimer’s disease: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
- Reviews the association between the Mediterranean diet and cognitive impairment, finding higher adherence to the diet to be associated with a reduced risk of developing both MCI and Alzheimer's Disease, as well as a reduced risk of progressing from MCI to Alzheimer's. 
Autism spectrum disorder: advances in evidence-based practice
- Review of best practices for primary and clinical care of ASD based on high-level evidence only (from randomized controlled trials (RCTs) or systematic reviews), covering its etiology, diagnosis and treatment.  [PDF]
Autism spectrum disorder: advances in evidence-based practice
- Outlines the current understanding of ASD and suggest best practices for primary care and specialized clinics based on evidence (when availablke) from randomized controlled trials (RCTs) or systematic reviews. 
Changing practice in dementia care in the community: developing and testing evidence-based interventions, from timely diagnosis to end of life (EVIDEM)
- An evidence-based, mixed-methodologies, program of interdisciplinarity collaboration in dementia research from diagnosis through to end-of-life care. 
Complementary and Alternative Treatments for Autism Part 1: Evidence-Supported Treatments, Apr 15 -
- Discusses the bioethics issues surrounding using evidence that some complementary and alternative treatments improve physiological abnormalities in autism, From the AMA Journal of Ethics. 
Complementary and Alternative Treatments for Autism Part 2: Identifying and Avoiding Non-Evidence-Ba
- Discusses the bioethics issues surrounding using evidence from complementary and alternative treatments for autism, advising only robust evidence-based interventions. From the AMA Journal of Ethics. 
Diagnosing Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) in clinical trials: a systematic review
- Evidence-based review that documents the lack of uniformity in clinical diagnosis of MCI, considered by some an intermediate state between normal ageing and dementia, as well for Alzheimer's disease and predementia, and argues for a uniform approach to MCI classification, and for any classification concept within the field of dementia. 
EBRSR: Evidence-Based Review of Stroke Rehabilitation
- Evidence-based review of stroke rehabilitation. From Parkwood Hospital London Ontario, Canada. Includes downloadable educational modules. 12th Edition, 2009.
Effect of Physical Exercise on Cognitive Performance in Older Adults with Mild Cognitive Impairment or Dementia: A Systematic Review
- Systematically reviews the evidence from 22 randomized controlled trials (RCTs) on the effects of physical exercise on cognition in older subjects with either MCI or dementia, with some positive effects on cognition found in studies on older subjects with MCI. 
Evidence-based Approaches to Preventing Alzheimer’s Disease, Part 1
- An evidence-based review of the modifiable risk factors of Alzheimer's Disease, especially vascular, and including dietary factors. 
Evidence-based guideline update: Pharmacologic treatment for episodic migraine prevention in adults
- Updated evidence-based recommendations for the preventive treatment of migraine headache, from the American Academy of Neurology. 
Evidence-based guideline: Pharmacologic treatment of chorea in Huntington disease
- Examines for adult patients with HD requiring symptomatic chorea therapy what available pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic (CoQ10) agents effectively reduce chorea as measured by validated scales. From the American Academy of Neurology. 
Evidence-based guideline: Treatment of tardive syndromes
- Evidence-based recommendations regarding management of tardive syndromes (TDS), including tardive dyskinesias (TDD); from the American Academy of Neurology. 
Evidence-based guidelines for the pharmacological management of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- A review of recent research in the fields of neuroimaging, neuropsychology and genetics of ADHD, representing an update on recommendations from the British Association for Psychopharmacology (BAP) through 2014.
Evidence-Based Neurocritical Care
- Evidence-based review of the landmark studies on the treatment and management of patients with life-threatening neurological illnesses, postoperative neurosurgical complications, and neurological manifestations of systemic disease. 
- Evidence-based critical appraisal topic (CAT) repository covering the clinical neurosciences.
Evidence-Based Treatments for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- An overview of current treatment options for the management of both core ASD symptoms and clinical features, including pharmacological, dietary, lifestyle, physical, behavorial, educational, psychosocial, and complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) interventions. 
Guidelines for the Management of Cognitive and Behavioral Problems in Dementia
- Evidence-based review of the effects of nonpharmacologic and pharmacologic interventions on the functional abilities and behavior of patients with dementia, and how these can be implemented into clinical practice. 
Interventions for Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: A Year in Review
- Up-to-date summary and critical analysis of both new and well-established ADHD interventions during 2014. 
Practical Diagnosis and Management of Dementia Due to Alzheimer’s Disease in the Primary Care Setting: An Evidence-Based Approach
- Evidence-based guidance on the primary care of Alzheimer’s disease, including cognitive assessment, diagnosis and management. 
Role of Environmental Contaminants in the Etiology of Alzheimer's Disease: A Review
- Reviews in vitro, animal and epidemiological studies on the etiology of Alzheimer's Disease, highlighting evidence supportive of the link between toxic environmental exposures and the development of Alzheimer's pathology. 
- Evidence-based systematic reviews of interventions in stroke rehabilitation for clinicians; those with stroke and their families. Includes ratings of interventions and assessments with levels of evidence rating. Canadian-based.
A Systematic Review of Early Intensive Intervention for Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Evidence-based review of 34 studies of both behavioral and developmental early intensive interventions for young children with autism spectrum disorders (ASDs). 
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 27, 2015 at 22:48:06 UTC -