become an editor
the entire directory
only in Evidence_Based_Medicine/Family_Medicine
Evidence Based Medicine
Health: Medicine: Medical Specialties: Family Medicine
- Handbook of United Kingdom and European clinical guidelines for primary and shared care. Published three times each year.
Evidence-Based Approach to Fiber Supplements and Clinically Meaningful Health Benefits, Part 1: What to Look for and How to Recommend an Effective Fiber Therapy
- Part 1 of a two-part series on fiber supplements, describing the 4 main characteristics of fiber supplements that drive clinical efficacy, the 4 clinically meaningful designations that identify which health benefits are associated with specific fibers, and the gel-dependent mechanisms in the small bowel that drive specific health benefits. 
Evidence-Based Approach to Fiber Supplements and Clinically Meaningful Health Benefits, Part 2: What to Look for and How to Recommend an Effective Fiber Therapy
- The second part of a two-part series on fiber supplements, focusing on their effects in the large bowel, on the potential attentuation in marketed products, on why fiber supplements can cause gastrointestinal symptoms, and on how to avoid symptoms for better long-term compliance. 
Guideline: Sugars Intake for Adults and Children
- Updated global, evidence-based recommendations on the intake of free sugars to reduce the risk of noncommunicable diseases (NCDs) in adults and children, with a particular focus on the prevention and control of unhealthy weight gain and dental caries. From the World Health Organization (WHO). 
How to Write an Evidence-based Clinical Review Article
- Article from the American Family Physician explains the journal's requirements for submissions designed for continuing medical education.
Introduction to Evidence Based Medicine
- Boston University Medical Center presents a web-based tutorial for students undertaking the Family Medicine clerkship, with guidelines for searching primary medical literature and online databases.
Making Evidence-Based Medicine Doable in Everyday Practice
- An article from the American Academy of Family Physicians provides a guide to finding clinically relevant information.
NHMRC Clinical Practice Guidelines
- A list of publications for general practitioners and consumers, from the National Health and Medical Research Council in Australia. Available for purchase or free download as PDF files.
- A source of clinical knowledge about the common conditions generally managed in primary and first contact care, which has been designed to be used by healthcare professionals together with patients.
- Established in cooperation with the Department of Family Practice at the University of British Columbia to provide current, evidence-based, practical information on rational drug therapy.
U.S. Preventive Services Task Force
- A systematic review of evidence of effectiveness, and recommendations for clinical preventive services. Developed under the auspices of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 11, 2016 at 18:25:36 UTC -