the entire directory
only in Medicine/Evidence_Based_Medicine
Evidence Based Medicine
Open Directory - Health: Medicine: Evidence Based Medicine
Obstetrics and Gynecology
Health: Medicine: Reference
Health: Medicine: Research
Health: Resources: Professional: Evidence Based Healthcare
Reference: Libraries: Subject Specific: Medical
This category in other languages:
- International not-for-profit organisation preparing, maintaining and promoting the accessibility of systematic reviews of the effects of health care. General information, access to the Cochrane Library, guidelines, manuals and software.
ABC Health Matters: Getting Evidence-Based Treatment
- Consumer guide to understanding and applying the concept.
AHRQ: Evidence Reports
- The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality in the United States presents summaries and assessments for healthcare providers and clinicians. Documents may be viewed or downloaded at no cost.
- A searchable database of evidence-based answers to real-life clinical questions, with details of courses and teaching material. Developed in the Emergency Department of Manchester Royal Infirmary, United Kingdom.
California Technology Assessment Forum (CTAF)
- A California public service forum conducting evidence-based reviews of new and emerging medical technologies; CTAF reviews across a broad spectrum of medical topics are available as downloadable PDFs.
- Summarises current knowledge about the prevention and treatment of disease, based on appraisal of systematic reviews and randomized clinical trials. Free on-line access for physicians in the United Kingdom or in developing countries.
- Medical information database of clinical topic summaries, including a grading the quality of evidence cited, designed primarily for point-of-care use; updated daily.
EBM Guidelines Evidence Based Medicine
- Commercial evidence-based guidelines service that provides primary care practice guidelines developed by general practitioners, along with supporting evidence-based summaries.
- Provides evidence generation, evaluation and communication to support health care professionals in their evidence-based decision-making. Commercial service.
Evidence Based Calculator
- Free downloadable calculator computing sensitivity and selectivity, control event rates, numbers-needed-to-treat, and other evidence-based factors.
- Searchable best evidence database, plus tailored email alert service, from the British Medical Journal and McMaster University. Free subscription required.
- A commercial evidence-based clinical decision support system designed for physicians at the point of care. Contains a differential diagnosis tool, evidence-based medical topics knowledgebase, and patient information and procedure.
General Practice Notebook: Evidence-Based Medicine
- The principles and applications are explained, with examples provided for different specialties.
Hayes Health Technology Assessment
- Commercial services providing evidence-based health technology assessment reports of new, emerging, and controversial health technologies.
- Delivers daily Patient-Oriented Evidence that Matters (DailyPOEMs) by email and produces the InfoRetriever database system of evidence-based information next to a print newsletter "Evidence-Based Practice".
James Lind Alliance
- A non-profit initiative seeking to identify the most important gaps in the evidence for treatment efficacy, and to forge patient-clinician working partnerships to identify and prioritize unanswered questions, working closely with evidence-based affiliates. Also publishes a glossary of common evidence-based terms.
Kleijnen Systematic Reviews Ltd
- Commercial service providing preparation of systematic reviews, meta-analyses, rapid reviews, and health technology assessments.
NHMRC Clinical Practice Guidelines
- A list of publications for general practitioners and consumers, from the National Health and Medical Research Council in Australia. Available for purchase or free download as PDF files.
NHS Evidence Search
- Search engine from NHS Evidence for health and social care professionals, providing access to evidence-based health information to assist in delivering quality patient care. Includes a Specialist Collections, along with periodic Annual Evidence Updates issued by topic area.
Practical Evidence-Based Internet Resources
- The American Academy of Family Physicians presents a summary and assessment of five web-based research tools. Available as PDF download.
Progress in Evidence-Based Medicine
- Assessment of where we stand in evidence-based medicine as of 2008.
- Medical search engine returning evidence-based research in categories for practice guidelines, and for systematic reviews, both from PUBMED and from DARE, including Cochrane abstracts.
- Medical search engine with emphasis on evidence based medicine (EBM) and clinical guidelines and queries, including content from Cochrane and Bandolier.
UNC Department of Internal Medicine: Critically Appraised Topics
- The University of North Carolina presents an alphabetical list of clinical research topics, each with a review of strengths and weaknesses.
Washington University Emergency Medicine Journal Club Podcast
- The Washington University Emergency Medicine Journal Club podcast provides an excellent way to keep up with the medical literature, improve patient care, and increase understanding of evidence-based medicine.
- A provider of evidence- and experience-based clinical decision support solutions for improving the quality, safety, and efficiency of patient care. Commercial service.
Evidence based medicine: increasing, not dictating, choice
- A defense of evidence-based medicine from the perspective of women's health concerns. (January 06, 2007)
Evidence-Based Medicine in Iberoamerica: Problems and Possible Solutions
- Discussion of the applicability of evidence-based medicine in Latin American countries. (August 30, 2005)
Evidence-Based Medicine: Haute Couture or the Emperor's New Clothes?
- An anesthesiologist's examination of some strengths and weaknesses of evidence-based medicine. (June 01, 2005)
Evidence-Based Medicine: Useful Tools for Decision Making
- An article from the Medical Journal of Australia explains the basic processes and concepts, with descriptions of common computer-assisted research tools. (January 01, 2001)
Evidence Based Medicine
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, November 5, 2013 8:54:09 PM EST -