the entire directory
only in Medicine/Evidence_Based_Medicine
Evidence Based Medicine
Obstetrics and Gynecology
Health: Medicine: Reference
Health: Medicine: Research
Health: Resources: Professional: Evidence Based Healthcare
Reference: Libraries: Subject Specific: Medical
This category in other languages:
- International not-for-profit organisation preparing, maintaining and promoting the accessibility of systematic reviews of the effects of health care. General information, access to the Cochrane Library, guidelines, manuals and software.
AHRQ: EPC Evidence-based Reports
- The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality in the United States presents summaries and assessments for healthcare providers and clinicians. Documents may be viewed or downloaded at no cost.
Archibald Cochrane (1909–1988): the father of evidence-based medicine
- Historical appreciation of the originator of the concept of evidence-based medicine, after whom the Cochrane Collaboration was founded. 
Archie Cochrane and his vision for evidence-based medicine
- Traces the foundations of evidence-based medicine to to the seminal efforts of the visionary whose call in 1971 for a collection of systematic reviews led to the creation of The Cochrane Collaboration. 
- A searchable database of evidence-based answers to real-life clinical questions, with details of courses and teaching material. Developed in the Emergency Department of Manchester Royal Infirmary, United Kingdom.
California Technology Assessment Forum (CTAF)
- A California public service forum conducting evidence-based reviews of new and emerging medical technologies; CTAF reviews across a broad spectrum of medical topics are available as downloadable PDFs.
CASP International Network
- Critical Appraisal Skills Programme International Network is a collaboration supporting the teaching and learning of critical appraisal skills, and helping others setting up sustainable training programs via the development and dissemination of successful new teaching materials and methods.
Centre for Evidence-based Health Care (CEBHC)
- The CEBHC focuses on conducting high quality systematic reviews and meta-analyses on topics relevant to the African region. CEBHC is based at Stellenbosch University in South Africa.
- Summarises current knowledge about the prevention and treatment of disease, based on appraisal of systematic reviews and randomized clinical trials. Free on-line access for physicians in the United Kingdom or in developing countries.
Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions
- Provides guidance to authors for the preparation of intervention systematic reviews in accordance with Cochrane Collaboration Group protocols.
CONSORT: Consolidated Standards of Reporting Trials
- Initiative developed by the CONSORT Group to alleviate the problems arising from inadequate reporting of randomized controlled trials (RCTs). Produces the CONSORT Statement, an evidence-based, minimum set of recommendations for reporting RCTs.
David L Sackett: Interview in 2014 and 2015
- Rare insight-rich self-directed interview of Dr. David L. Sackett, Founding Chair of The Cochrane Collaboration and pioneer in evidence-based medicine, who died May 13, 2015. From McMaster University, 103 pp.  [PDF]
- Medical information database of clinical topic summaries, including a grading the quality of evidence cited, designed primarily for point-of-care use; updated daily.
Essential Evidence Plus
- Delivers daily Patient-Oriented Evidence that Matters (DailyPOEMs) by email and produces the InfoRetriever database system of evidence-based information next to a print newsletter "Evidence-Based Practice".
- Provides evidence generation, evaluation and communication to support health care professionals in their evidence-based decision-making. Commercial service.
Evidence-Based Medicine: A Short History of a Modern Medical Movement
- Origins and evolution of, and the key innovators in, evidence-based medicine. 
Evidence-Based Medicine: An Oral History
- A rare resource, an insider's look at the development of evidence-based medicine explored in an oral history of some of the individuals most centrally associated with its birth. Includes an oral history video, extended interview videos, EBM leader biographies, and an summary narrative. Joint enterprise of JAMA and BMJ. 
Evidence-based medicine: What has happened in the past 50 years?
- A review of EBM's history and accomplishments to date, and a brief look at its direction in the future. 
- Searchable best evidence database, plus tailored email alert service, from the British Medical Journal and McMaster University. Free subscription required.
- A commercial evidence-based clinical decision support system for physicians at the point of care, with a differential diagnosis tool, evidence-based medical topics knowledgebase, and patient information. Now part of the Elsevier ClinicalKey service.
General Practice Notebook: Evidence-Based Medicine
- The principles and applications are explained, with examples provided for different specialties.
GRADE Working Group
- A collaboration formed to address the shortcomings of present grading systems in health care and develop a common, sensible and transparent approach to grading quality of evidence and strength of recommendations.
Hayes Health Technology Assessment
- Commercial services providing evidence-based health technology assessment reports of new, emerging, and controversial health technologies.
History of evidence-based medicine
- Review of the historical circumstances surrounding the introduction and evolution of evidence-based medicine. 
James Lind Alliance
- A non-profit initiative seeking to identify the most important gaps in the evidence for treatment efficacy, and to forge patient-clinician working partnerships to identify and prioritize unanswered questions, working closely with evidence-based affiliates. Also publishes a glossary of common evidence-based terms.
Joanna Briggs Institute (JBI)
- Leading international not-for-profit research and development organization at the University of Adelaide, providing best available evidence to inform clinical decision-making at the point of care. With newsletter, Systematic Review Manual (SUMARI), and extensive database of systematic reviews and implementation reports.
Kleijnen Systematic Reviews Ltd
- Commercial service providing preparation of systematic reviews, meta-analyses, rapid reviews, and health technology assessments.
KT Clearinghouse: Center for Evidence-Based Medicine
- Features tutorials on practising and teaching this method of critical appraisal, with glossary of terms and self-evaluation questionnaire. Form the Department of Medicine at Toronto General Hospital, Canada.
Making Evidence-Based Medicine Doable in Everyday Practice - Family Practice Management
- Explains what has prompted the rise of evidence-based medicine (EBM) and provides a "field guide" for how physicians can incorporate EBM into everyday practice. 
The need for evidence-based medicine
- One of the seminal papers in evidence-based medicine that provides a systematic motivation and defense of EBM in clinical practice.  [PDF]
New Zealand Guidelines Group (NZGG)
- Independent, not-for-profit organisation promoting the use of evidence in the delivery of health and disability services, active 1999 - 2012. Site contains a categorized collection of all NZGG produced evidence-based guidelines, available as PDFs for download.
NHMRC Clinical Practice Guidelines
- A list of publications for general practitioners and consumers, from the National Health and Medical Research Council in Australia. Available for purchase or free download as PDF files.
NHS Evidence Search
- Search engine from NHS Evidence for health and social care professionals, providing access to evidence-based health information to assist in delivering quality patient care. Includes a Specialist Collections, along with periodic Annual Evidence Updates issued by topic area.
Outcomes & Evidence Based Medicine
- Categorized collection of evidence-based resources from the University of South Carolina College of Pharmacy.
Practical Evidence-Based Internet Resources
- The American Academy of Family Physicians presents a summary and assessment of five web-based research tools. Available as PDF download.
RevMan | Review Manager For Cochrane Reviews.
- A free review tool from the Cochrane Collaboration Group used to facilitate literature reviews and the meta-analyses in accordance with the Cochrane Review Protocols. It can perform meta-analyses and present results graphically. With extensive documentation.
Sicily statement on classification and development of evidence-based practice learning assessment tools
- This is the Second "Sicily Statement", which addresses the classification and development of EBP learning assessment tools. 
Sicily statement on evidence-based practice
- This is the First "Sicily Statement" that provides an international consensus on the definition of Evidence-based Practice, the skills needed to practice EBP, and the minimum requirements for training health professionals in EBP. 
SRDR - Systematic Review Data Repository
- Online tool for the extraction and management of data for systematic review or meta-analysis, also serving as a Web-based repository of systematic review data. Joint initiative of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) and the Evidence-based Practice Center (EPC).
Students 4 Best Evidence
- A growing international network for students interested in learning more about evidence-based healthcare, partnering with Cochrane UK. Includes overview of the EBM process, and a wide range of student contributions.
- Medical search engine returning evidence-based research in categories for practice guidelines, and for systematic reviews, both from PUBMED and from DARE, including Cochrane abstracts.
- Evidence-based health information and analysis, with medical news summaries.
- Medical search engine with emphasis on evidence based medicine (EBM) and clinical guidelines and queries, including content from Cochrane and Bandolier.
Washington University Emergency Medicine Journal Club Podcast
- The Washington University Emergency Medicine Journal Club podcast provides an excellent way to keep up with the medical literature, improve patient care, and increase understanding of evidence-based medicine.
- A provider of evidence- and experience-based clinical decision support solutions for improving the quality, safety, and efficiency of patient care. Commercial service.
Evidence Based Medicine
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 2, 2015 at 15:03:30 UTC -