become an editor
the entire directory
only in Education/Patient_Education
Health Chats and Forums
Health News and Media
Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery
Health: Conditions and Diseases
Health: Resources: Consumer Information
Health: Resources: Personal Pages
Health: Services: Online Health Consulting
The Doctor Will See You Now
- Comprehensive resource of knowledge related to the common disease conditions through various articles.
The Doctor's Doctor
- Explains how to interpret laboratory, surgical pathology, and cytology reports and provides information about various conditions and diseases. Maintained by a group of pathologists.
Dr. Gabe Mirkin
- Reports on health, fitness, and nutrition news from talk show host Gabe Mirkin, M.D., in text and audio form.
- Information on commonly prescribed drugs and medications including their side effects, standard dosages, contraindications and interactions.
- Provides information on a wide range of health and medical topics. Articles are reviewed by physicians.
- Provides information about symptoms, tests and treatment of common disease conditions and diseases.
eMedTV Health Information
- A library of medical information including conditions and diseases, tests and procedures and drugs and supplements.
Family Health Guide
- Offers expert advice on a wide range of health and disease conditions.
- A database of articles and guides, covering common medical topics. All articles are reviewed and edited by family doctors and specialists.
Health Coach 4 Me
- GlaxoSmithKline presents patient information on a variety of health issues, including breast cancer and stress management.
The Health Resource, Inc.
- Specialized medical research reports on mainstream, experimental, and alternative treatments, specialists, and support organizations.
Health Talk Online
- Offering information about common disease conditions through articles and discussion forum.
- Contains videos submitted by doctors and other health professionals.
- Independent information on diseases, fitness, aging, and health services. Includes a newsletter and events calendar. Sponsored by the Australian Government.
- US government directory of online publications, clearinghouses, databases, web sites, and support and self-help groups, as well as the government agencies and not-for-profit organizations.
A Healthy Me
- Providing health and wellness information, and produced by Blue Cross BlueShield of Massachusetts.
HELP - Health Education Library for People
- Features online full-text books and magazines on health and illness.
Lab Tests Online
- Explains common laboratory tests and what the results might mean.
- Clinical experts provide current medical information and news on health topics.
- Provides health and medical information, health tips, resources, experts, news, chats, and community support.
- Nurses trained to answer questions on a variety of health topics.
- Describes conditions, diseases, tests, and procedures, with a medical dictionary.
The Merck Manual - Home Edition
- Transforms the language of the professionals' version into commonly used English while retaining the vital information about diseases, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment.
- Offers guides to health for consumers and health care professionals.
- Complete health and disease information along with the latest health care news. Presented by the experts at the Medical University of South Carolina.
My Family Doctor
- Health care and disease information providing site.
- Government of Alberta initiative to provide health and wellness information through various articles.
National Council on Patient Information and Education (NCPIE)
- Designed to help consumers make sound decisions about the use of medicines, and to stimulate and improve communication between consumers and health care professionals by developing programs, providing educational kits, and offering guidelines, tips, and resources.
Net Health Book
- Comprehensive compilation of medical information on major common diseases with emphasis on prevention of disease conditions and treatment options.
NetHealth Online Guide
- A comprehensive guide to health on the Internet, with reviews and links to hundreds of online resources.
- Health and wellness information from the faculty of the Universities of Cincinnati, Ohio State and Case Western Reserve. Question answering for non-emergencies.
New England Baptist Hospital - Patient Education
- Offers pre-operative tips for hip, knee or spinal surgery.
- Information on conditions, treatments, local services and healthy living.
- Provide latest news, information on disease conditions and interviews of patients as well as doctors.
- Evidence-based articles on many health and disease topics. Written by doctors for patients.
- Provides answers to common questions about the disease and the foundation supports the affected patients.
- Offers patients animated videos, graphics, and medical illustrations as explanations for the most common surgical and diagnostic procedures performed in the US.
Pri-Med Patient Education Center
- Free resource served by professionals from Harvard Medical School for the patients regarding common disease conditions. Link for further reading, free brochures are also provided.
- A health and wellness social media platform created by Jeff Arnold and Dr. Mehmet Oz that covers many health topics. Includes video and blog.
- Current medical news, articles, and research.
- A guide to medical conditions, illnesses and ailments, their treatment and possible cure.
- Information on a variety of medical conditions and treatments written for patients by UK medical professionals.
The Undying Soul
- Informative resources including blog articles to fight cancer written by oncologist Dr. Stephen J. Iacoboni.
The Virtual Clinic
- Provides free opinion by established doctors on health in question answer format to the patients.
- Medical dictionary, disease symptoms and treatments, resources for healthy living, and information on drugs and medicines.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 17, 2015 at 14:58:26 UTC -