become an editor
the entire directory
only in Education/Patient_Education
Open Directory - Health: Education: Patient Education
Health Chats and Forums
Health News and Media
Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery
Health: Conditions and Diseases
Health: Resources: Consumer Information
Health: Resources: Personal Pages
Health: Services: Online Health Consulting
A Healthy Me
- Providing health and wellness information, and produced by Blue Cross BlueShield of Massachusetts.
Dr. Gabe Mirkin
- Reports on health, fitness, and nutrition news from talk show host Gabe Mirkin, M.D., in text and audio form.
- Information on commonly prescribed drugs and medications including their side effects, standard dosages, contraindications and interactions.
- Provides information about symptoms, tests and treatment of common disease conditions and diseases.
Family Health Guide
- Offers expert advice on a wide range of health and disease conditions.
- A database of articles and guides, covering common medical topics. All articles are reviewed and edited by family doctors and specialists.
HELP - Health Education Library for People
- Features online full-text books and magazines on health and illness.
Health Talk Online
- Offering information about common disease conditions through articles and discussion forum.
- Contains videos submitted by doctors and other health professionals.
- Independent information on diseases, fitness, aging, and health services. Includes a newsletter and events calendar. Sponsored by the Australian Government.
- US government directory of online publications, clearinghouses, databases, web sites, and support and self-help groups, as well as the government agencies and not-for-profit organizations.
Lab Tests Online
- Explains common laboratory tests and what the results might mean.
- Provides health and medical information, health tips, resources, experts, news, chats, and community support.
- Complete health and disease information along with the latest health care news. Presented by the experts at the Medical University of South Carolina.
- Clinical experts provide current medical information and news on health topics.
- Nurses trained to answer questions on a variety of health topics.
- Describes conditions, diseases, tests, and procedures, with a medical dictionary.
MyHealthAlberta Connecting Albertans with trusted health information and services.
- Government of Alberta initiative to provide health and wellness information through various articles.
- Information on conditions, treatments, local services and healthy living.
National Council on Patient Information and Education (NCPIE)
- Designed to help consumers make sound decisions about the use of medicines, and to stimulate and improve communication between consumers and health care professionals by developing programs, providing educational kits, and offering guidelines, tips, and resources.
Net Health Book
- Comprehensive compilation of medical information on major common diseases with emphasis on prevention of disease conditions and treatment options.
NetHealth Online Guide
- A comprehensive guide to health on the Internet, with reviews and links to hundreds of online resources.
- Health and wellness information from the faculty of the Universities of Cincinnati, Ohio State and Case Western Reserve. Question answering for non-emergencies.
New England Baptist Hospital - Patient Education
- Offers pre-operative tips for hip, knee or spinal surgery.
New York Online Access to Health
- Definition, care and treatment information and related conditions are offered by NOAH. In English and Spanish.
- Provides answers to common questions about the disease and the foundation supports the affected patients.
- Provide latest news, information on disease conditions and interviews of patients as well as doctors.
- Evidence-based articles on many health and disease topics. Written by doctors for patients.
- Offers patients animated videos, graphics, and medical illustrations as explanations for the most common surgical and diagnostic procedures performed in the US.
Pri-Med Patient Education Center
- Free resource served by professionals from Harvard Medical School for the patients regarding common disease conditions. Link for further reading, free brochures are also provided.
- Current medical news, articles, and research.
- A guide to medical conditions, illnesses and ailments, their treatment and possible cure.
The Doctor Will See You Now
- Comprehensive resource of knowledge related to the common disease conditions through various articles.
The Doctor's Doctor
- Explains how to interpret laboratory, surgical pathology, and cytology reports and provides information about various conditions and diseases. Maintained by a group of pathologists.
The Health Resource, Inc.
- Specialized medical research reports on mainstream, experimental, and alternative treatments, specialists, and support organizations.
The Merck Manual - Home Edition
- Transforms the language of the professionals' version into commonly used English while retaining the vital information about diseases, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment.
The Undying Soul
- Informative resources including blog articles to fight cancer written by oncologist Dr. Stephen J. Iacoboni.
The Virtual Clinic
- Provides free opinion by established doctors on health in question answer format to the patients.
- Information on a variety of medical conditions and treatments written for patients by UK medical professionals.
- Medical dictionary, disease symptoms and treatments, resources for healthy living, and information on drugs and medicines.
- Provides information on a wide range of health and medical topics. Articles are reviewed by physicians.
eMedTV Health Information
- A library of medical information including conditions and diseases, tests and procedures and drugs and supplements.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, November 29, 2012 7:34:47 AM EST -