become an editor
the entire directory
only in Education/Patient
Open Directory - Health: Dentistry: Education: Patient
Health: Alternative: Non-Toxic Living: Mercury and Amalgams
Health: Dentistry: Children
Society: Issues: Health: Dentistry
This category in other languages:
- Answers questions on dental treatment with illustrations, animations, and pictures.
- Offering a forum, newsletters, questions and answers, and feature articles.
Allexperts Dentistry Q&A
- Volunteer dentists answer your questions about tooth and dental care for free.
American Academy of Periodontology
- Information about gum disease. Educational material about causes, symptoms, prevention, treatments, products and payment.
American Dental Association Public Resources
- This site offers education on oral health topics from A-Z. Includes condition overview, patient FAQS, treatment options and educational videos.
American Dental Hygienists' Association: Oral Health Information
- Site that covers proper at-home cleaning technique, oral health tips, and some potential problems. Some articles also available in Spanish.
Atlanta Dental Implants
- Dental implant information for the layperson.
Canadian Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Offers an online educational module for patients interested in learning basic OMS procedures.
Centers for Disease Control Division of Oral Health
- Provides information for adults and children, including fact sheets, guidelines and recommendations on a variety of oral health topics.
Cochrane Oral Health Group
- Reviews of clinical trials and emerging oral health research by a network of healthcare professionals, researchers and consumers. Includes plain language summaries of scientific findings.
Colgate-Palmolive: Kid's World
- Games to teach kids how to care for their teeth.
- Offers educational animations and interactive slide shows.
- Offers a definition, causes, symptoms and treatments.
- A comprehensive guide to dental health with updated information on new products, procedures and dental news.
The Forsyth Institute
- Independent institute promoting oral health through research and education. Focus is on both oral health and its effect on overall health, particularly heart disease and diabetes.
- Oral health and education database maintained by the Nova Scotia Dental Association. Discusses teeth, gums, cavities, braces, experiments and activities, teacher's guide and dental links.
Implant Dentistry Communications
- Includes patient education about implant dentistry,clinical case reports, and links to manufacturers of dental implants.
Implant Discussion Forum: About Cosmetic Dentistry
- Message board for patients with questions about dental implants. Users can talk to other patients about their experiences.
Medline Plus: Dental Health
- A list of trusted dental health resources compiled by the National Institutes of Health and the U.S. National Library of Medicine. Topics cover prevention/screening, conditions, treatments, financial issues and clinical trials.
Safe Dentistry Foundation Holland
- Presents the risks of cross-contamination in dentistry and patient's comforting illusion of real governmental inspections. [English, German and Dutch]
Sports Dentistry Online
- Offers a definition, articles about injuries and products, a guide for athletes, video seminars and a bibliography.
The Tooth Fairy
- Dental hygiene tips, dental hygiene links and the going price of a baby tooth.
ToothIQ Oral Health Information
- Offers free tools to help patients check dental symptoms, understand their diagnoses, and learn about dental procedures. Also includes a dental glossary.
Usenet sci.med.dentistry -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 12:35:03 PM EDT -