become an editor
the entire directory
only in Conditions_and_Diseases/Temporomandibular_Joint_Syndrome
Conditions and Diseases
Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome
Business: Healthcare: Products and Services: Dentistry: Products
Health: Dentistry: Conditions and Diseases: Bruxism
Health: Dentistry: Oral Surgery
American Academy of Craniofacial Pain
- General information about the disorder and its symptoms. Includes a referral area which tells the percentage of the doctor's practice that is devoted to TMJD patients.
American Society of Temporomandibular Joint Surgeons
- Non-profit organization of maxillofacial, orthopedic, plastic/reconstructive and oral and maxillofacial surgical specialists dedicated to promoting education, research, and patient services concerning orthopedic disease of the temporomandibular joint (TMJ). Includes diagnosis and management guidelines, video clips and a membership list.
Animated MRI of the Temporomandibular Joint
- 8 MRI's with case reports, animated to show the particular problem.
- Information about clenching teeth.
Clinical Evaluation of Patients with Temporomandibular Joint Implants
- A comparison of two groups of patients.
Comparison of Two Temporomandibular Joint Prosthesis Systems
- Compares the outcomes of two sets of patients.
Craniofacial Pain Center
- The Craniofacial Pain Center of Tufts University School of Dental Medicine is devoted to the diagnosis and management of temporomandibular disorders and chronic head, neck and facial pain. Find patient and professional information and educational programs.
eMedicine Health: TMJ Overview
- Explains the symptoms and treatment options.
- The Jaw Joints and Allied Musculo-Skeletal Disorders Foundation is a non-profit advocacy organization that focuses on prevention, awareness, education, and research.
Long-Term Study of TMJ Surgery with Alloplastic Implants Compared with Nonimplant Surgery for Painful TMJ Disc Displacement
- Long term study of 466 patients in 5 treatment groups to determine the outcome of Silastic, permanent Silastic, or Proplast implants to replace painful disc displacements compared to nonimplant surgery or nonsurgical modalities.
Morphologic and Immunohistochemical Observation of Explanted Proplast-Teflon TMJ Implants
- Evaluates the cellular tissue response to disc material by its changes and fragmentation.
Physical Therapy Corner: The Temporomandibular Joint
- Anatomy pictures, muscles, joint movement, symptom list, self care tips, and simple ergonomics and posture information.
Protocol for the Management of Failed Alloplastic TMJ Disc Implants
- The management of failed Proplast/Teflon, Silastic, and Christensen Fossa implants by removal, joint debridement, recountouring of the articulating surfaces, and placement of a temporalis muscle/fascia flap for joint lining including the outcome of this protocol.
Self-Reported Systemic, Immune-Mediated Disorders in Patients with and without Proplast-Teflon Implants of the TMJ
- Examines self-reported systemic and immune mediated disorders in patients with Proplast-Teflon TMJ implants by comparing them to a group who was not exposed to these alloplastic implants and to a group who has had these implants removed.
Temporomandibular Joint Disc Replacement Made by Tissue-Engineered Growth of Cartilage
- The new technique of tissue-engineered growth of cartilage for the replacement of discs and its effectiveness.
- Information for patients and dentists.
The TMJ Association, Ltd.
- Provides information to patients, health professionals and the public, and advocates for research and treatment.
TMJ Concepts/Techmedia Custom-Made Total Joint Prosthesis: A Five Year Follow Up
- 42 consecutive patients had reconstruction using this prosthesis, and were followed for 5-8 years to determine the long term results.
- Patient hosted, moderated discussion board on aspects of this disorder.
TMJ: Diet and Exercise Treatment
- Covers nonsurgical treatment options. Reviews symptoms linked to the condition.
Ten Year Outcome of Nonsurgical Treatment for Internal Derangment of the TMJ with Closed Lock
- 56 patients were treated nonsurgically and then evaluated at 10 years to determine if their pain, jaw dysfunction, and limiting of daily activities had improved. From PubMed. (November 01, 2002)
Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 22, 2016 at 20:42:47 UTC -