become an editor
the entire directory
only in Wounds_and_Injuries/Heat_Related
Conditions and Diseases
Wounds and Injuries
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Wounds and Injuries: Hypothermia
Health: Public Health and Safety: First Aid
This category in other languages:
- Information on dehydration and heat-related illness, presented by Survive Outdoors, Inc.
eMedicine Health - Heat Cramps
- Consumer health resource center providing information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment.
Excessive Heat Events Guidebook
- The US Environmental Protection Agency offers advice to the public and to emergency service providers about preparing for and coping with heat waves.
- Identifies people most at risk, explains how to stay healthy in hot weather, and lists symptoms and treatment of problems such as heat stroke, heat rash, and sunburns. From the US National Center for Environmental Health (NCEH).
- What to do when a heat wave strikes. Heat related illnesses and symptoms. The heat index section and its effects is especially important for high risk individuals. From the National Weather Service.
How to Prevent Heat-Related Illness in Children
- Steps, tips and overall warnings. From eHow.com
HowStuffWorks: How Heat Stroke Works
- Brief narrative explains the cause, effect and treatment of heat stroke.
MedlinePlus: Heat Illness
- Resources and fact sheets for dealing with heat related illnesses.
Dead Heat - Why Don't Americans Sweat Over Heat-Wave Deaths?
- Raises the question of why more attention is not paid to these preventable deaths. [Slate] (July 30, 2002)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 24, 2013 at 9:45:10 UTC -