become an editor
the entire directory
only in Wounds_and_Injuries/Fractures
Conditions and Diseases
Wounds and Injuries
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Musculoskeletal Disorders
Health: Medicine: Surgery: Orthopedics
This category in other languages:
Broken Bones & Injury
- Information on fractures from the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
Cervical Spine Fractures
- Describing c-spine fractures with illustrations. Hughston Sports Medicine Foundation.
Ellen's Broken Jaw Tips
- Describes how to cope with eating with a wired jaw.
eMedicine Health: Fractures and Broken Bones
- Consumer health resource center providing an overview of fractures and their causes, symptoms and treatment.
- Information about broken bones, and resources to help understand this common orthopedic condition.
- David broke four bones in his foot, and documented the healing process here. Includes x-rays and photos.
Fractures and Splinting
- Describes initial care of various types of fractures aimed at the layman.
- Article on this common type of fracture, from the Mayo Clinic.
Hippocratic Treatise On Fractures
- Translation of an original document written circa 400 B.C.
The Internet Classics Archive - On Fractures by Hippocrates
- Translation by Francis Adams. An 89k text-only version is available for download.
- Provides links to articles on fractures. Also features a search engine.
Pictures of Fractures
- Includes scanned x-rays, and emergency outdoor treatment. From Survive Outdoors Inc.
RadiologyInfo: Bone Radiography
- Information for patients about bone x-rays, including preparation, benefits and risks.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 7, 2015 at 6:35:08 UTC -