become an editor
the entire directory
only in Wounds_and_Injuries/Burns
Conditions and Diseases
Wounds and Injuries
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Wounds and Injuries: Burns
Business: Healthcare: Products and Services: Wound Care
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Musculoskeletal Disorders: Contractures: Post Burn
Health: Medicine: Surgery: Cosmetic and Plastic: Reconstructive
Health: Public Health and Safety: First Aid
This category in other languages:
About Being Normal : Life as a Burn Survivor
- Explores and recounts what it is like to live with burns from childhood to adult as a burn survivor.
Alisa Ann Ruch Burn Foundation
- Variety of innovative burn prevention materials. Survivor assistance programs and support group information.
American Burn Association
- The ABA is dedicated to: stimulating and sponsoring the study and research in acute care, rehabilitation, and prevention of burns; providing a forum for presentation of knowledge; fostering training opportunities for burn care professionals; and encouraging publications within the burn care field.
B.C. Professional Firefighters Burn Fund
- Links and information about burns and their treatment.
- Treatment of chemical, thermal, and electrical burns. Contains information for families, children, educators and firefighters. Provided by the Shriners Hospitals for Children.
Burn Children Recovery Foundation
- Information about the organization which helps teach children about fire prevention, helps support child burn victims, and offers training to protect children from fire. Details about the programs and contacts.
Burn Recovery Center
- Describes burn treatment therapies including skin grafts and reconstructive surgery. Information on burn centers and resources for long-term treatment and care.
Burn Resource Centre
- Offers education and consultation to professionals and the community. Includes an awareness quiz, articles [PDF], and list of training topics and seminars.
Burn Survivor USA
- Richard Webser tells his personal story and discusses the long-term issues of being a burn survivor. Includes pictures.
Burn Survivors Throughout the World, Inc.
- Offers articles on various issues, advocacy and support. Includes a message board, scheduled chats, personal stories and mailing lists.
- Description of the many types of burns. Developed by students for Thinkquest.
Children's Burn Foundation
- Provides financial resources to meet the needs children suffering severe burns caused by abuse, neglect, or accident. Includes information about the programs and request for funding.
Firefighters Burn Treatment Society, Edmonton Chapter
- Information, history and pictures that show what the society is all about along with our Fund Raising efforts and the Alberta Children's Burn Camp.
Georgia Firefighters Burn Foundation - Atlanta
- The Foundation's mission is to educate the public in burn awareness and prevention, to support medical facilities in the care of burns in Georgia, and to assist burn survivors in their recovery.
Illinois Fire Safety Alliance
- Information for persons or groups with a common interest in fire safety, burn prevention, and public education, and promotional programs and disseminate information related to fire safety and burn prevention.
International Society for Burn Injuries
- The Society was founded to 'disseminate knowledge and stimulate prevention in the field of burns'. Current Regional and Country reports regarding burn care can be obtained from the site.
MedicineNet.com - Burns
- Categorizations, why body area location is significant, and treatment for simple burns.
NHS Choices: Burns and Scalds
- Provides information on these injuries with details of symptoms, treatment, complications and recovery.
Pediatric Oncall - Burns
- Describes this condition, the different types, the treatments, and skin grafting.
Saskatchewan Professional Fire Fighters Association Burn Fund
- A Canadian association established in 1974 as a non-profit registered charity. Features fund raising and events, burn units, education and awareness and contacts.
The Herbert Mahne Family Foundation
- Funds programs that assist juvenile burn victims throughout the United States.
The Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors, Inc.
- Helping burn survivors and their families cope with and overcome the unimaginable and difficult challenges they encounter following a burn injury.
eMedcine Health - Chemical Eye Burns
- Consumer health resource center providing information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment of chemicals in the eye.
eMedicine Health - Chemical Burns
- Consumer health resource center providing information on the causes, symptoms, and treatments.
eMedicine Health - Thermal (Heat or Fire) Burns
- Consumer health resource center providing information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment of burns.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, October 8, 2011 1:10:58 AM EDT -