become an editor
the entire directory
only in Wounds_and_Injuries/Altitude_Sickness
Conditions and Diseases
Wounds and Injuries
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Wounds and Injuries: Altitude Sickness
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Wounds and Injuries: Hypothermia
Health: Medicine: Medical Specialties: Aerospace Medicine
Health: Medicine: Medical Specialties: Wilderness Medicine
Health: Public Health and Safety: First Aid: Wilderness Emergencies
Recreation: Climbing: Mountaineering
Recreation: Travel: Preparation: Health
- Information about high altitude illness and physiology, and the home of the International HAPE Database - a registry of sufferers of high altitude pulmonary edema.
American Academy of Family Physicians
- Overview article with an informational handout for patients.
- A charity that exists to perform high altitude medical research and educate the public about the topic
Birmingham Medical Research Expeditionary Society
- Site of a group of medical scientists studying the effects of altitude and the causes and management of acute mountain sickness.
- Article from Emergency Medicine covering cerebral syndromes in altitude sickness from AMS to HACE.
eMedicine Health - Mountain Sickness
- Consumer health resource center providing information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment.
Family Practice Notebook: High Altitude Sickness
- Outline of symptoms, prevention, and diagnosis for all altitude related illnesses.
High Altitude Medicine and Biology
- About the magazine published by Mary Ann Liebert, Inc.
High Altitude Pulmonary Edema (and me)
- Personal account of an experience with HAPE.
High-Altitude Medical Guide
- Information on the prevention, recognition, and treatment of altitude illness, as well as other health issues affecting travelers to destinations at altitude.
- Information about the International Hypoxia Symposium including abstracts.
International Society for Mountain Medicine
- Altitude tutorial. Newsletter archive. About the World Congress on Mountain Medicine and High Altitude Physiology.
Medex and Medical Expeditions
- Information about and from this research charity dedicated to investigating the mechanisms of altitude related illness. Newsletter archive and planned expedition information.
Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy
- Chapter from the Merck Manual on altitude sickness covering causes, treatment, and prevention.
Outdoor Action Guide to High Altitude
- Description of altitude related illnesses, their symptoms and their treatment.
- Basic description of common illnesses encountered at various altitudes with prevention tips.
- Article from Emergency Medicine covering HAPE.
Supplemental Oxygen for the General Aviation Pilot
- Article on determining the need for supplemental oxygen at density altitude.
Warning: Altitude Sickness Shouldn't Be Taken Lightly
- Article from Health World about the effects of altitude on exercise.
WebMD - Altitude Sickness
- Explains causes, symptoms, treatment and prevention.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, February 28, 2013 4:17:07 PM EST -