the entire directory
only in Conditions_and_Diseases/Sleep_Disorders
Conditions and Diseases
Restless Legs Syndrome
Health: Mental Health: Disorders
Science: Social Sciences: Psychology: Dreams
Society: Work: Shift Work
This category in other languages:
BabyCenter - Sleep During Pregnancy
- Describes how pregnancy will affect sleep and what to do about it (also has useful links).
Better Homes and Gardens - Sleep Problems
- Links to articles from the magazine on sleep related issues.
- A guide to sleep, including Information, tips and advice on dealing with sleep disorders.
Brain Basics: Understanding Sleep
- A comprehensive resources guide about understanding sleep, compiled by NINDS, the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.
The Dangers of Alcohol and Sleep - Alcohol Alert No. 41-1998
- Paper discussing the effects of alcohol on sleep (US National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism).
Deep into Sleep - Harvard Magazine
- Article exploring the consequences of not getting adequate amounts of sleep.
Drowsy Driving and Automobile Crashes
- NHLBI report dealing with combatting drowsy driving.
eMedicine Health - Disorders That Disrupt Sleep (Parasomnias)
- Consumer health resource center providing information on several sleep disorders.
eMedicine Health - REM Sleep Behavior Disorder
- Consumer health resource center providing information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment of this condition.
eMedicine Health - Sleep: Understanding the Basics
- Consumer health resource center providing information on sleep and sleep disorders.
- Site provides users with individualized, sleep information and advice.
Helpguide: Sleep Disorders
- Describes the most common disturbances and suggests ways in which they might be treated.
- Malt powder manufacturer provides explanation of poor sleep patterns, and offers management tips.
MedicineNet.com - Focus on Sleep Disorders
- Medical information about sleep disorders including, insomnia, snoring, and nightmares.
MedlinePlus: Sleep Disorders
- A selection of sites provided by the U.S. National Library of Medicine.
Put an End to Snoring
- An objective resource features an exclusive questionnaire that will suggest remedies appropriate for your type. Includes a list of remedies and details about each.
Sleep (From Neuroscience for Kids)
- Basic information about sleep for kids and adults.
Sleep and Health
- A resource dedicated to advancing the public's knowledge of sleep disorders, alertness, mood, performance and other health related issues.
- Covers a variety of disorders, the Epworth test, and a message board for your questions.
Sleep Disorder News - Topix
- News on sleep disorders collected from diverse sources on the web.
- Descriptions, symptoms, treatment, of various sleep disorders. Over a hundred articles on the topic. Sleep apnea, narcolepsy, sleep paralysis, insomnia. New Material added weekly.
- Provides details of medications and treatments, as well as tools and resources.
- A comprehensive links and resources one-pager for both professionals and sufferers.
The Sleep Well
- Information on sleep, disorders, activism and related events.
- Describes patterns, norms, and common sleep disorders. Tips on getting good sleep and resources for problems.
- Everything you wanted to know about sleep disorders but were too tired to ask. Open Sleep Forum. SleepNet links to over 200 sites.
Sleepwalking in Children
- Definition, symptoms, and what a parent should do. American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP).
Stop Snoring Tips
- Tips to help people to stop snoring as well as information on how to deal with a snorer and other snoring information.
Talk About Sleep
- Provides news, information, moderated chats and message boards.
Usenet alt.support.sleep-disorder -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 29, 2014 at 16:57:13 UTC -