become an editor
the entire directory
only in Respiratory_Disorders/Whooping_Cough
Conditions and Diseases
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Respiratory Disorders: Whooping Cough
This category in other languages:
Bordetella Pertussis and Whooping Cough
- Lecture topics by Kenneth Todar of the University of Wisconsin Department of Bacteriology. With introduction, pathogenesis, colonization, the toxins, regulation of virulence factors, and vaccine.
Bupa: Whooping Cough
- Factsheet on this bacterial infection, its symptoms, complications, causes, diagnosis and treatment.
Dr. Reddy's Pediatric Office on the Web
- Cause, treatment, and information on thimerosal and whooping cough vaccines.
MedicineNet: Whooping Cough (Pertussis)
- Doctor written consumer health information, includes causes, stages, symptoms, and treatments.
- Easy to understand information for patients on whooping cough including symptoms, causes, diagnosis, prevention and treatment.
MedlinePlus: Whooping Cough
- Directory of articles, news, and factsheets.
NHS Choices: Whooping Cough
- Factsheet including causes, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and complications.
Pertussis (Whooping Cough)
- Provides general information, signs and symptoms, and treatments. Includes a guide as to when to call a doctor.
Pertussis Fact Sheet
- Symptoms, potential complications, how it is spread, who gets it, treatment, and prevention. By the Seattle and King County.
Sanger Centre : Bordetella Pertussis
- Project performed in collaboration with Duncan Maskell and Andrew Preston of the Centre for Veterinary Science, Dept. of Clinical Veterinary medicine, The University of Cambridge. Currently involved in sequencing the 3.88 Mb genome of Bordetella pertussis, the causative agent of whooping cough.
- Articles on whooping cough or varicella: therapies and vaccination.
Whooping Cough Diagnosis and Information
- Information for lay and professional people. Emphasis on how to diagnose it without lab tests. Download a sound file of typical whooping cough. Email the author for more information.
Whooping Cough News - Topix
- Latest news stories on the disease.
First Acellular Pertussis Vaccine Approved For Infants
- Article about the Food and Drug Administration's announcement on licensing the first acellular pertussis vaccine for use in infants and children two months of age and older for the primary series of immunizations. [Kidsource.com] (July 31, 1996)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, February 9, 2012 6:24:03 AM EST -