become an editor
the entire directory
only in SARS/News_and_Media
Conditions and Diseases
News and Media
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Respiratory Disorders: SARS: News and Media
Health: News and Media
This category in other languages:
China's SARS Problem, and Ours
- How China's totalitarian government put the rest of the world at risk to the new virus. [The Daily Standard]
Health - canada.com network
- Women, men, family and child.
New germ may be cause of killer 'flumonia'
- Overview of what is known so far. [Independent Online]
New York Times: Science Special - Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome
- Archived news coverage. (Free registration required.)
People's Daily: SARS in China and Abroad
- Archived news coverage, including interviews with cured patients, details of cooperation with the WHO, and discussion of the measures that have prevented the spread of the disease.
Sydney Morning Herald: SARS
- Special coverage of the outbreak, with emphasis on Australian cases and Asian travel issues.
Topix: SARS News
- News on SARS collected from various sources.
Looking beyond SARS
- Features audio clips of the radio program series, a fact sheet and timeline on SARS, commentary, and links to related coverage. By NPR National Public Radio. (September 23, 2003)
- Online textbook reviewing available medical information. (July 14, 2003)
Doctor Alleges Beijing Cover-Up Over SARS Crisis
- A senior Chinese physician accused his government yesterday of covering up details of the spread of the SARS virus in Beijing, raising fears that the crisis may be worse than previously thought. [The Scotsman] (April 10, 2003)
Do Surgical Masks Stop SARS?
- Analysis showing that common masks offer only limited protection, but that the perception of protection may be more important. [Slate] (April 07, 2003)
The SARS Farce
- Opinion that the small number of cases in Hong Kong's massive population does not justify the widespread panic and disruption that fear of the virus is causing. [spiked] (April 03, 2003)
Fears Mount Over Deadly Bug
- Hong Kong establishes quarantine camps as a deadly pneumonia virus claims more victims. [BBC News] (April 01, 2003)
SARS Affects the Health of Air Travel
- Examines the effects that fear of the disease is having on international airlines. [About.com] (April 01, 2003)
New England Journal of Medicine: Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS)
- Early release of several articles dealing with the outbreak in Hong Kong and Canada. (March 31, 2003)
New suspect in super-pneumonia outbreak
- Several labs have found a coronavirus in SARS patients. One possibility is that the disease might be caused by both that and the previously isolated paramyxovirus acting in tandem. [New Scientist] (March 25, 2003)
Breakthrough in Fight Against Super-Pneumonia
- A diagnostic test for the virus, with information and related stories and links. [New Scientist] (March 24, 2003)
Canadian scientists identify specific virus in samples from six SARS patients
- The finding of human metapneumovirus (a paramyxovirus) only adds to the mystery. (March 21, 2003)
The Deadly Effects of Suppressed Info
- The new, sometimes fatal, pneumonia-like disease got a head start in China because the country lacks a free press to dig out the truth. [BusinessWeek Online] (March 21, 2003)
Virus Causing Deadly Pneumonia Revealed
- Indications that Acute Respiratory Syndrome is a member of the paramyxovirus family. [New Scientist] (March 19, 2003)
Mysterious Illness may be New Disease
- Reviews what is known so far about the disease. [San Francisco Chronicle] (March 18, 2003)
Researchers May Have Pinpointed Virus Behind Mystery Ailment
- Update on the viral research into the etiology of SARS. [Canadian Press] (March 18, 2003)
World Gears up for 'Killer Flu'
- Disease information and containment efforts. [News24] (March 18, 2003)
Airlines Go On Alert Over Mystery Pneumonia
- Flight crews are told to screen out sick passengers. [Independent Online] (March 17, 2003)
Fears Spread Over Deadly Virus
- Health officials struggle to contain the spread of a "mystery illness" reported across continents. [BBC News] (March 17, 2003)
Killer Bug Looks Like a Virus
- Overview of the severe acute respiratory syndrome. [Wired News] (March 17, 2003)
World Put on Alert for Severe Pneumonia
- Announcement of the global alert issued by the World Health Organization. [New Scientist] (March 12, 2003)
Topix: Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome
- News on the disease. [RSS]
News and Media
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 15, 2012 at 5:15:04 UTC -