become an editor
the entire directory
only in Nutritional_and_Metabolic_Disorders/Water_Balance
Conditions and Diseases
Nutritional and Metabolic Disorders
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Nutritional and Metabolic Disorders: Water Balance
eMedicine Health: Dehydration in Adults
- Consumer health resource center providing information on the symptoms and risks.
Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
- Facts on kidney, fluid and electrolyte physiology from the University of California at Berkeley. Includes details of the hormones and minerals involved in water balance and urine production.
Fluid Balance Test
- A test to see exactly how much dehydration you incur during your workout.
The Merck Manual: Water and Sodium Metabolism
- A look at total body water, intake, losses, osmolality, water balance and sodium balance, increase and decrease in extracellular fluid volume along with signs and symptoms, diagnosis and treatment. Many more topics discussed.
Water Retention and the Waterfall Diet
- The author of the Waterfall Diet writes about water retention, including list of symptoms, information on diuretic medications, causes of water retention, and dietary treatments.
The Watershed: Why Mineral Water is the Healthiest Water to Drink
- A look at bottled water, de-mineralized water, chlorination, bathing and asbestos in drinking water.
Vegetarian Times: Preventing Dehydration.
- A healthy adult should drink 8 to 10 cups of water per day. Article written to explain why this is true. (January 01, 1998)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, January 2, 2007 4:34:52 PM EST -