become an editor
the entire directory
only in Vitamins_and_Minerals/Deficiency,_Dependency_and_Toxicity
Conditions and Diseases
Nutritional and Metabolic Disorders
Vitamins and Minerals
Deficiency, Dependency and Toxicity
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Nutritional and Metabolic Disorders: Vitamins and Minerals: Deficiency, Dependency and Toxicity
Biotin and Pantothenic Acid
- A brief look each at the deficiency and the dependency of this vitamin.
- A look at this essential trace mineral and its deficiency and toxicity.
- A look at this mineral, why it is needed, how much is needed and where it is found. Symptoms and results of deficiency and toxicity are discussed.
- A look at the intake of this mineral, deficiency and toxicity.
Merck Manual Professional: Vitamin A
- Provide information on this vitamin, its deficiency and toxicity, including symptoms, diagnosis and treatment.
Merck Manual: Fluoride
- Describes where this mineral is stored and why it's important. Includes symptoms and treatment of deficient or excessive consumption.
Merck Manual: Fluorine
- Provides information about where floride is stored in the body, sources, and problems associated with excess or insufficient intake.
Merck Manual: Thiamin
- Provides information on thiamin deficiency, the symptoms, diagnosis and treatment.
Merck Manual: Vitamin C Deficiency
- A discussion about this vitamin and why we need it. Symptoms, laboratory finding, diagnoses, prophylaxis and treatment are covered.
Merck Manual: Vitamin K Deficiency
- Provides information on the different forms and how they effect coagulation. Includes deficiency signs, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment.
- A discussion about the deficiency and toxicity of this mineral.
NHS Choices: B12 Deficiency
- Provides details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
Niacin (Nicotinic Acid)
- Provides information on why niacin is important, as well as the symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment of deficiency and excess levels.
- A look at primary and secondary deficiency, symptoms, signs, diagnosis and treatment by the Merck Manual.
Reference Guide for Vitamins
- The importance and deficiency symptoms of a specific list of vitamins.
- The Merck Manual looks at the symptoms, signs, laboratory findings, diagnosis and treatment.
- A look at the intake in different parts of the world and its deficiencies and toxicity by the Merck Manual.
Vitamin and Mineral Deficiencies
- Provides basic guidelines for when supplements are necessary. Explains when a healthy diet may not be enough, and possible health problems due to dietary deficiencies or overuse of supplements.
Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin)
- Article describes the function of this vitamin in the body and symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment of deficiency.
Vitamin B6 Deficiency and Dependency
- Symptoms, signs, diagnosis and treatment are discussed.
Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)
- Explains the importance of this vitamin, conditions and problems caused by deficiency, and why some people take high doses of ascorbic acid.
Vitamin D Deficiency and Dependency
- The signs, symptoms, laboratory findings, diagnosis and treatment.
Vitamin E (Tocopherol)
- Learn the function of this antioxidant, sources in food, causes, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment of deficiency and excess levels in the system.
Vitamin E Deficiency
- Information about this vitamin and the organs which can be affected by deficiency, the signs and symptoms, laboratory findings, diagnosis and treatment.
WebMD: Vitamin B12 Deficiency Anemia
- A discussion about this vitamin, its deficiency, symptoms, causes and a list of food sources.
- The Merck Manual takes a look at this mineral and signs and symptoms of deficiency and toxicity.
Deficiency, Dependency and Toxicity
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 3:02:23 AM EST -