become an editor
the entire directory
only in Inherited/Madelung's_Disease
Conditions and Diseases
Nutritional and Metabolic Disorders
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Nutritional and Metabolic Disorders: Inherited: Madelung's Disease
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Lipomas
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Skin Disorders: Dercum Disease
Dermatology Online Journal: Familial Multiple Lipomatosis
- Article by Brian R Toy, MD on this rare hereditary syndrome with the case history of an 89 year old man.
Lipomatosi di Launois-Bensaude (MSL)
- A site, in both Italian and English, providing a historical perspective of Madelung's Disease.
- Describes the symptoms and diagnostic techniques for Madelung's disease, emphasizing the peculiarities of the disease compared to normal fatty deposits.
NORD: Madelung's Disease
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders briefly describes this rare disorder (also known as Multiple Symmetrical Lipomatosis, Benign Symmetric Lipomatosis or Lanois-Bensaude Syndrome) and lists further reference information.
OMIM Entry 151800
- Describes the form of Multiple Symmetric Lipomatosis (MSL) characterized by a collar of fat around the neck. The article suggests the cause to be a mitochondrial abnormality.
Soft Tissue Pathology
- Features images of the disease, taken with various scanning techniques.
Osteonecrosis in multiple symmetrical lipomatosis
- The European Association of Radiology presents an illustrated case history from the Royal Liverpool University Hospital. (March 01, 2002)
Madelung's Disease: Inherited from an Ancient Mediterranean Population?
- Abstract of a case study in the New England Journal of Medicine. Full text available for purchase. (May 13, 1999)
Madelung's disease: a case report | Journal of Family Practice | Find Articles at BNET
- A case report of a man with Madelung's disease which discusses the disease in general and the complications due to alcoholism (September 01, 1994)
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 8, 2012 at 8:24:05 UTC -