become an editor
the entire directory
only in Cholesterol_and_Other_Fats/Medium_Chain_Acyl_Dehydrogenase_Deficiency
Conditions and Diseases
Nutritional and Metabolic Disorders
Cholesterol and Other Fats
Medium Chain Acyl Dehydrogenase Deficiency
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Nutritional and Metabolic Disorders: Cholesterol and Other Fats: Medium Chain Acyl Dehydrogenase Deficiency
The Epidemiology of Medium Chain Acyl-CoA Dehydrogenase Deficiency: An Update
- Paper describing advances in research into this fatty acid oxidation disorder.
Genetics Home Reference: MCAD Deficiency
- Provides an overview of this condition, the genetic changes involved, its inheritance and treatment.
- Personal site in remembrance of Alexis Nicole Knapton who died unexpectedly from this condition at the age of eight.
NHS Choices: Medium Chain Acyl Dehydrogenase Deficiency (MCADD)
- Provides information on this rare inherited disorder where the body cannot break down fat properly. Includes details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis and treatment.
Patient UK: MCAD Deficiency
- Factsheet on this autosomal recessive inherited disorder of fatty acid metabolism including its pathophysiology, epidemiology, presentation, investigations, management and prognosis.
Wikipedia: Medium-chain Acyl-coenzyme A Dehydrogenase Deficiency
- Encyclopedia article on this metabolic disorder caused by the failure of certain enzymes invoved in the breakdown of fatty acids.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 14, 2010 at 4:41:02 UTC -