become an editor
the entire directory
only in Brain_Injury/Prosopagnosia
Conditions and Diseases
Trauma and Injuries
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Neurological Disorders: Trauma and Injuries: Brain Injury: Prosopagnosia
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Neurological Disorders: Trauma and Injuries: Brain Injury: Agnosia
Barry Wainwright on being unable to recognise faces
- The Guardian interviews a man who can’t recognize himself, his wife or his seven children.
- Bill Choisser describes life with face blindness, and in particular the effect on sexuality and socializing.
Face Blind Discussion Group
- Welcoming face blind people, family members, friends, researchers, counselors, faculty, and students.
Face Research at Macquarie University
- The Macquarie Centre for Cognitive Science is interested in how people perceive and recognize faces and facial expressions, so has been studying people with prosopagnosia and epilepsy.
No Face Like Home
- Lie, deny, sigh, these have been my social coping skills. Trying to figure out a better way to go through life as a prosopagnosic, aka, faceblind person.
- The condition of face blindness, from the perspective of a person who acquired it from a childhood injury.
Prosopagnosia on The Hour
- The Hour on YouTube discusses prosopagnosia.
Prosopagnosia Research Centers at Harvard University and University College London
- Asking prosopagnosiacs to contact the research team.
- The free encyclopaedia distinguishes between apperceptive prosopagnosia, associative prosopagnosia, and developmental prosopagnosia.
Face blindness: Seeing but not seeing
- The BBC reports on two people with prosopagnosia. (October 06, 2013)
Face blindness not just skin deep
- CNN asks readers to “Imagine an entire day of seeing faces—friends, co-workers, even family—but not being able to retain those images in your mind”. (February 02, 2007)
- A condition that causes an inability to recognize faces is socially isolating—and surprisingly common. (July 10, 2006)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 6, 2013 at 16:58:07 UTC -