the entire directory
only in Trauma_and_Injuries/Brain_Injury
Conditions and Diseases
Trauma and Injuries
Treatment and Residential Programs
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Neurological Disorders: Brain Diseases
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Neurological Disorders: Stroke
Health: Medicine: Medical Specialties: Neurology
Shopping: Health: Conditions and Diseases: Neurological Disorders: Trauma and Injuries
This category in other languages:
Brain Injury Directory
- Cross-disciplinary directory providing resource information on hundreds of topics including survivor links, ABI, TBI, day-to-day living, legal and societal issues, therapies, equipment, government programs, and RSS to ongoing research.
Brain Injury Guide
- information about a book written by and for persons who have suffered brain injury and their family members.
Brain Injury Online Information for Everyone
- Information and links to brain injury information, attorneys, rehab, support groups and articles.
The Brain Injury Recovery Network
- Dedicated to helping victims and families of brain and other serious injuries. Information, tips, and advice provided by people who have been through the same experience.
Brain Injury Research Center
- A database of research and educational materials designed for people with TBI, their families, and professionals. Item description gives short synopsis, target audience, media format, cost, language, and where it can be obtained.
Brain Injury Resource Center
- Offers information, reference materials, and self-help resources. Provides links to support and discussion groups, rehabilitation sites, publications and journals.
- A medical, legal, and informational resource for persons dealing with traumatic brain injury (TBI).
Coma Waiting Page
- Information about coma and brain injury directed at helping with answers and support in those critical first days and weeks, while waiting for someone to awake from a coma.
eMedicine Health - Concussion
- Information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment of concussions.
eMedicine Health - Dementia in Head Injury
- Information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment of dementia after a brain trauma.
eMedicine Health - Head Injury
- Information on the types, causes, symptoms, tests, and treatment of head injuries.
Locked-in Syndrome from NINDS
- Booklet describing the basics of this rare disorder, treatment, prognosis, research, and references.
The Missouri Traumatic Brain Injury Demonstration Project
- Resource of regional and national information about living and working with traumatic brain injury (TBI) for TBI survivors, their families, and their support providers.
NINDS Traumatic Brain Injury Information
- Fact sheet compiled by the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS). Contents include definition, treatment methods, prognosis, current research projects, and references.
- Information and services for spinal cord and traumatic brain injury rehabilitation.
Safety Tips for Farming with a Brain Injury
- Article from National Agricultural Safety Database (NASD) talking about special considerations and concerns. Farmers with brain injuries share a list of general tips to help prevent additional injuries.
The TBI Help Desk for Caregivers
- Information and resources to increase the quality of care available to Brain Injured patients after departure from the Hospital. Includes a chat room and discussion board as well as articles, tips, FAQs, glossary, personal experiences, and phone numbers for a variety of helpful agencies.
TBI Resource Guide
- Information on brain injury, rehabilitation, long-term assisted living, medications, and current research, from the Centre for Neuro Skills.
Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- @Health.com's newsletter dealing with the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of TBIs.
Traumatic Brain Injury Resource Center
- Working to raise awareness of TBI's effect on society, and provide easily accessible information and support for survivors, their loved ones, and the professionals who work on their behalf.
Traumatic Brain Injury Survival Guide
- Information, for survivors and their families, provided on the honor system from Clinical Neuropsychologist Dr. Glen Johnson. Topics include signs of a brain injury, coping with common problems, and dealing with doctors.
Traumatic Brain Injury: Hope Through Research
- A booklet prepared by the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS). Covers treatment, research, symptoms, rehabilitation, types of brain injury, and resources.
What Is Traumatic Brain Injury
- Fact sheet with tips for preventing brain injuries from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Scientific information about cervicocephalic trauma, lesions, symptoms, and recovery.
Rehabilitation After Traumatic Brain Injury
- Reviews the types of TBI and their treatment and prognosis, from the Medical Journal of Australia. (January 01, 2003)
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 8, 2014 at 6:35:10 UTC -