become an editor
the entire directory
only in Stroke/Pediatric
Conditions and Diseases
Health: Child Health: Conditions and Diseases: Neurological Disorders
Children's Hemiplegia and Stroke Association
- A non-profit organisation offering support for affected children and their families. Explains the different types of stroke and the disabilities that may result, as well as research news and current treatment options.
Kids Have Strokes
- Information on in utero, infant, and childhood stroke. Causes, diagnosis, support, current research studies seeking participants and Childhood Stroke Awareness campaign information.
Pediatric Stroke Network
- Information and support for families dealing with this disease in infancy, childhood, or adolescence. Includes fact sheets, directories of related news reports, and research articles, as well as mailing lists for families and teenaged survivors.
Recognition and Treatment of Stroke in Children
- The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (USA) presents a review of current knowledge, and makes suggestions for further research. Includes a table listing presumed risk factors.
Stroke Awareness for Everyone
- Provides an overview of the condition in neonates, children and adolescents, with possible causes, effects, and potential for recovery.
Stroke in Childhood
- Peer-reviewed article from the Archives of Disease in Childhood proposes essential investigations and management of this condition, with a description of the symptoms and possible causes.
Medbroadcast Health News
- Article discusses research findings that strokes in Canadian children are more common than previously thought. (June 23, 2004)
Cerebral Sinovenous Thrombosis in Children
- Original article from The New England Journal of Medicine presents a study into the causes and effects of blood clots in the neonatal brain. [Free registration required for full text.] (August 09, 2001)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 2, 2013 at 14:41:04 UTC -