become an editor
the entire directory
only in Stroke/Organizations
Conditions and Diseases
Health: Organizations: Conditions and Diseases
American Stroke Association
- American Heart Association division established in 1998 to reduce the impact of stroke. The division's Web-based offerings include prevention and recovery fact sheets for consumers and treatment guidelines for professionals.
Belgian Stroke Council
- A multidisciplinary scientific association established to inform health care providers in Belgium about the management of stroke and to convey helpful stroke information to the Belgian press and public.
Brain Attack Foundation
- California-based nonprofit organization dedicated to preventing disabilities and death from stroke--a condition requiring urgent treatment, much like a heart attack.
British Association of Stroke Physicians (BASP)
- Professional association whose objective is to advance Stroke Medicine within Great Britain.
Canadian Stroke Consortium
- Academic alliance pursuing anti-stroke therapies through research projects and clinical trials. Online resources include webcasts from the 5th World Stroke Congress.
Canadian Stroke Network
- A multidisciplinary consortium of individuals and organizations who are dedicated to reducing the physical and societal consequences of stroke. Working together, members of the Network promote research, train investigators and clinicians, address issues of public policy, and foster partnerships among members of the research community, industry, and government.
Chest Heart And Stroke Scotland
- CHSS aims to improve the quality of life for people in Scotland affected by chest, heart and stroke illness through medical research, advice and information, and support in the community.
Children's Hemiplegia and Stroke Association
- A 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, offering information and support to families of children who are living with hemiplegia, hemiparesis, and/or other effects of stroke.
Cochrane Stroke Group
- Cochrane Collaboration review group focusing on clinical studies of stroke prevention and treatment methods.
Delaware Valley Stroke Council
- United Way agency serving survivors and families in Eastern Pennsylvania, Southern New Jersey, and Delaware. Formerly known as the Philadelphia Stroke Council.
The Hazel K. Goddess Fund for Stroke Research in Women
- Addressing critical issues specific to stroke in women, including research, prevention, treatment, education, and advocacy.
Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada
- Offering stroke fact sheets, healthful tips and recipes, and information concerning provincial resources for survivors and their families.
- A registered UK charity offering information and support to families of hemiplegic children.
National Stroke Association
- Providing nonprofit services--including educational programs and community-based activities in prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation--to stroke-affected families and medical professionals in the United States.
National Stroke Foundation
- Working with affected families, governmental organizations, healthcare professionals, and the general public to reduce the impact of stroke in Australia.
Pacific Stroke Association
- Nonprofit organization serving Californians in San Mateo and Santa Clara counties. Its online home features answers to common questions about stroke and listings for community resources, volunteer opportunities, and related Web pages.
Pediatric Stroke Network
- Information and support for families who are dealing with stroke in infancy, childhood, or adolescence. PSN's online resources include fact sheets about pediatric stroke and its potential effects, directories of related news reports and research articles, and e-mail lists for families and teenaged survivors.
Stroke Alliance For Europe
- An association of patient groups assisting the European Union and its member states in the fight against stroke.
The Stroke Association
- The only UK-wide charity solely concerned with combating stroke in people of all ages.
Stroke Association of Southern California
- A nonprofit organization committed to reducing the incidence and impact of stroke in communities throughout Southern California.
Stroke Awareness For Everyone, Inc.
- An Internet-based nonprofit organization founded by stroke survivors, caregivers, and medical professionals. SAFE is dedicated to increasing awareness of stroke and providing information and support to those touched by stroke.
The Stroke Belt Consortium
- A multidisciplinary association founded to enhance public and professional education about stroke in the "Stroke Belt" - a Southeastern U.S. region having a disproportionately high incidence of stroke.
The Stroke Foundation of New Zealand
- A nonprofit network providing stroke support and rehabilitative services in New Zealand and promoting research into stroke causes, rehabilitation, and community-resource needs.
Stroke Recovery Association of British Columbia
- Endeavouring to assist stroke survivors and their families to recover to the best of their abilities in all aspects of life.
The Stroke Research Network - Newcastle University
- SRN provides a health service infrastructure to support clinical stroke research. Includes news, events, jobs, training and clinical study groups.
Tri-State Stroke Network
- Supporting stroke prevention and control by increasing public awareness of stroke symptoms, addressing geographic disparities, and emphasizing the need to treat stroke as a medical emergency in NC, SC and GA.
World Stroke Organization
- Professional association endeavoring to expand stroke prevention efforts and improve stroke patients' care through research and education.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 25, 2015 at 14:42:35 UTC -