the entire directory
only in Neurological_Disorders/Stroke
Conditions and Diseases
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Cardiovascular Disorders: Vascular Disorders
This category in other languages:
Acute Stroke Toolbox
- Guidelines, pathways, sample admission orders, and complementary tools, courtesy of the Brain Attack Coalition--a nonprofit alliance whose mission is to reduce the occurrence and impact of stroke.
Ask the Doctor - The Stroke Rehab Forum
- Interactive medical question-and-answer board covering all aspects of stroke rehabilitation. Responses are provided by medical professionals from The Comprehensive Pain and Rehabilitation Center.
Believe In Miracles
- Online home of James Bradley, stroke survivor and author of "Elvis Was My Speech Therapist."
eMedicine Health: Stroke
- Consumer health resource center, providing information on the causes, symptoms, and urgent treatment of stroke.
General Practice Notebook: Stroke
- Clinical reference on ischemic and hemorrhagic strokes. Covered topics include differential diagnosis, etiological determination, radiologic investigations, and management of patients within the National Service Framework.
Hobbies After a Stroke
- Created by a brain-stem-stroke survivor who hopes to encourage others to get involved in recreational activities. Her post-stroke hobbies include embroidery and outings on a motorized scooter.
Internet Stroke Center at Washington University in St. Louis
- A stroke resource for medical professionals and consumers, alike. Educational information, directories of clinical trials and stroke centers, and a calendar of major stroke conferences are among the site's many offerings.
Interventional Radiology Procedures for Treatment and Prevention of Stroke
- Educational resource from the Society of Interventional Radiology. Covered procedures include intra-arterial thrombolysis, aneurysm embolization, and carotid stenting.
Johns Hopkins Medicine: Mini Strokes Linked to Uric Acid Levels
- Cites a study linking uric acid levels to high volumes of so-called white matter hyperintensities (WMH), which are small dead areas of the brain that occur when brain cells are deprived of oxygen.
- Link collection and personal story of Louis Albert, a survivor with diabetes and aphasia who has used assistive technology to create his site.
Neurotransplantation for Patients with Paralysis After Stroke
- Overview of the University of Pittsburgh's study of neuronal cell transplantation for the treatment of stroke. Updates on the research program are provided.
The New England Journal of Medicine: Stroke
- From the archives of the journal, literature covering topics such as antithrombotic therapy, cerebral thrombosis, and carotid stenosis.
NHS Choices: Stroke
- Provides information on this serious medical condition that occurs when the blood supply to the brain is disturbed. Includes an animation and details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment, recovery, prevention and complications.
NHS Choices: Transient Ischaemic Attack (TIA)
- Provides information on this form of mini-stroke. Includes a short video on strokes and details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment, complications and prevention.
NINDS Stroke Information Page
- Introduction to stroke, with pointers to related fact sheets concerning symptoms, prevention, and rehabilitation. Presented by the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, a division of the National Institutes of Health.
Physiotherapy for Strokes
- An overview of the role of physical therapy in stroke rehabilitation, provided by Heads Up!--a specialist neurological physiotherapy practice based in Surrey, England.
Project Stroke Hope
- Presentation by a family hoping to help others who are affected by stroke. Offers notes on disability benefits and insurance matters, fundamental information on stroke, and links to stroke-related sites.
- From the staff of the Mayo Clinic, a nine-page, consumer-oriented guide to stroke. Topics include risk factors and prevention, screening and diagnosis, treatment, and coping skills.
Stroke - Act F.A.S.T.
- The NHS urges people to recognise the symptoms of stroke: fallen face, inability to hold arms high, slurred speech; and to know the importance of time — act fast to get medical help.
Stroke and Aphasia Information
- Resources for stroke recovery, including home therapy tips and survivors' stories. Presented by Bungalow Software, a provider of rehabilitation programs.
Stroke Survivors Canada Ottawa
- Supporting affected families with information about stroke causes, acute care, rehabilitation, financial issues, local services, and Web-based resources.
Transient Ischemic Attack
- Information sheet on TIAs (which are also known as "mini strokes"). Published by National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.
WebMD Stroke Health Center
- In-depth information, including symptoms, treatments, and prevention.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 8, 2014 at 13:41:33 UTC -