become an editor
the entire directory
only in Spinocerebellar_Degenerations/Friedreich's_Ataxia
Conditions and Diseases
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Genetic Disorders
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Neurological Disorders: Ataxia
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Rare Disorders
This category in other languages:
- Kim Bourg describes her life with the condition, and suggests strategies for coping with it in oneself or others. Includes details of symptoms and diagnosis.
Friedreich Ataxia Research Association
- Summarises recent progress in ataxia research and the search for better treatment.
Friedreich's Ataxia Fact Sheet
- A resources guide and fact sheet compiled by NINDS, the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.
Friedreich's Ataxia Parents Group
- With advice for new parents on the disease, and on how the parent might better cope emotionally.
Friedreichs Ataxia Society Ireland
- Voluntary organisation providing support to anyone affected by genetic ataxias. Includes events calendar, membership details, and information on accessibility issues.
- Describes his life with the condition, and his travels in a wheelchair. Includes information for any disabled person considering foreign travel.
NORD: Friedreich's Ataxia
- Offers the synonyms, a general discussion and further resources.
Not Going Quietly
- A personal account of diagnosis, daily life, challenges, and international travel. Includes details of treatments, and a photograph gallery.
Swiss Association of Friedreich Ataxia
- Parents and friends of patients campaigning for better treatment for ataxics in Switzerland; also sharing news and information about the condition and current research.
Patient loses right-to-food fight
- The BBC reports that a man with Friedreich's ataxia has lost the last stage of his legal fight to insist on his being fed artificially in the final stages of his life. (August 08, 2006)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 24, 2014 at 21:45:42 UTC -