become an editor
the entire directory
only in Neuromuscular_Junction_Diseases/Botulism
Conditions and Diseases
Peripheral Nervous System
Neuromuscular Junction Diseases
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Food and Water Borne
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Bacterial: Clostridial
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Neurological Disorders: Neurotoxicity Syndromes
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Rare Disorders
Health: Pharmacy: Drugs and Medications: B: Botulinum Toxin
This category in other languages:
Bad Bug Book - Clostridium botulinum
- Includes information about the organism, symptoms, diagnosis, associated foods, and outbreaks.
Botulism: What You Don't See Can Hurt You
- Ohio State University Extension fact sheet providing basic information on the subject. [PDF]
CDC - Botulism
- Information about this disorder, including symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, complications and prevention.
CDC: Botulism Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Examines botulism used as a biological weapon.
- Factsheet from the USDA-FSIS.
eMedicine - Botulism
- An in depth look at botulism which is a paralytic disease caused by the neurotoxins of Clostridium botulinum and, in rare cases, Clostridium butyricum and Clostridium baratii.
eMedicine - Botulism :
- Article by Kirk M Chan-Tack, MD.
Frozen, Fully-Cooked Products and Botulism
- Food safety advisory from the USDA.
- Includes causes, foods associated with the disease, symptoms, and prevention.
Infant Botulism Treatment and Prevention Program
- Official sites for physicians to obtain BabyBIG, an FDA approved orphant drug for treatment of infant botulism type A and B. Also provides parent support forum and medical/clinical information on the disease.
MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia: Botulism
- Includes information on the causative agent, Clostridium botulinum, risk factors, symptoms, tests, treatment, and prevention.
The Merck Manual: Botulism
- Includes types of the disease, symptoms, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment.
NHS Choices: Botulism
- Provides information on this rare but potentially fatal infection. Includes details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment, safety and prevention.
- Offers synonyms, a general discussion and further resources.
Virginia Department of Health: Botulism
- Provides a fact sheet for botulism.
- Factsheet from the World Health Organization.
Botulinum Toxin as a Biological Weapon
- Article from the Journal of the American Medical Association. (February 28, 2001)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 13, 2014 at 6:15:10 UTC -