become an editor
the entire directory
only in Neurological_Disorders/Parkinson's_Disease
Conditions and Diseases
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Neurological Disorders: Movement Disorders
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Neurological Disorders: Neurodegenerative Diseases
Health: Medicine: Medical Specialties: Neurology
This category in other languages:
Forum: Qualitative Social Research
- Articles reports about a qualitative study about information needs of older people with Parkinson's disease (PD). In German, English and Spanish.
The Greenes of Western Australia
- Detailed information about this disease by Dennis Greene, a member of the Parkinson's Information Exchange Network. He has included some of his poetry and a look at the family history is also provided.
Living Alone With Parkinson's Disease
- Information, tips, foods, exercises, aids and attitudes learned during living alone with PD for 19 years.
Martin's Web Site
- A personal story with links to information about parkinson's disease and other health related issues.
Mayo Clinic: Parkinson's Disease
- A description of the condition, as well as drug and surgical treatment.
MedlinePlus: Parkinson's Disease
- Provides an overview of basic information including news articles, research developments and links to other web sites.
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
- Parkinson's disease information sheet.
NHS Choices: Parkinson's Disease
- Provides information on this long-term neurological condition. Includes a short video and details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment, complications and prevention.
- PD is a degenerative central nervous system (CNS) disorder. A discussion about the disorder, the symptoms and treatments of this disease.
Parkinson's Disease - Hope Through Research
- An informational booklet compiled by the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS).
- Provides information and resources to help you learn more about Parkinson’s disease and how to manage its symptoms. From GlaxoSmithKline.
Parkinson's Recovery Project
- Dedicated to dissemination of information regarding Parkinson's disease treatments which use techniques of Asian medicine. Find patient information, handbook updates, publications and other resources.
Parkinson's Unity Walk
- Annual event in New York City's Central Park, to increase awareness of PD and to raise funds for research. Register online to participate or support a walker.
- Natural methods and therapies said to help find relief from Parkinson’s Disease.
Patient: Parkinsonism and Parkinson's Disease
- Factsheet on this chronic neurological disorder, including its pathogenesis, epidemiology, presentation, differential diagnosis, investigation, management and prognosis.
Study of Anti Depressants in Parkinson's Disease
- A National Institute of Health research study of anti-depressant medication in patients with PD, conducted at several medical centers throughout the United States and Canada by the University of Rochester.
- Independent and self funded medical researchers specializing in PD, based in London, England. Parkinson's Disease history, treatment, diagnosis, causes, toxic causes, genetic causes, parkinsonism, symptoms, biochemistry, prevalence, famous people, strange facts, and organizations.
WebMD Parkinson's Disease Center
- A consumer health site for Parkinson's Disease, includes news and a caregiver section.
BBC Medical Notes
- The BBC reports that John Crossley-Stanbury started with the symptoms of Parkinson’s at the age of just 19, but he says people will not believe he has it, because he is so young. (May 01, 2010)
“I don’t want to be hidden away”
- The BBC reports on Jacqueline Narnor, diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease in her late twenties. (June 07, 2008)
BBC: Brain 'cannabis' Parkinson's hope
- Boosting the brain's natural cannabis-like chemicals could help treat Parkinson's disease, a study suggests. (February 08, 2007)
BBC: Parkinson's therapy trial success
- An initial trial of gene therapy treatment in the US for Parkinson's patients is hailed a success. (October 17, 2006)
BBC: Depression risk with Parkinson's
- Over 80% of people with Parkinson's disease frequently experience depression, a European survey finds. (June 24, 2006)
BBC: Parkinson's 'targets cell boiler'
- Parkinson's disease may cripple the energy-producing centre of cells, research suggests. (May 06, 2006)
BBC: Activity 'cuts Parkinson's risk'
- Physical activity may decrease the risk of developing Parkinson's disease, research suggests. (February 22, 2005)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 25, 2015 at 18:19:41 UTC -