become an editor
the entire directory
only in Neurological_Disorders/Parkinson's_Disease
Conditions and Diseases
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Neurological Disorders: Parkinson's Disease
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Neurological Disorders: Movement Disorders
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Neurological Disorders: Neurodegenerative Diseases
Health: Medicine: Medical Specialties: Neurology
This category in other languages:
Forum: Qualitative Social Research
- Articles reports about a qualitative study about information needs of older people with Parkinson's disease (PD). In German, English and Spanish.
The Greenes of Western Australia
- Detailed information about this disease by Dennis Greene, a member of the Parkinson's Information Exchange Network. He has included some of his poetry and a look at the family history is also provided.
InteliHealth: Parkinson's Disease
- Featuring Harvard Medical Schools consumer health information. An in depth look at this disorder from an introduction through to research being done.
International Health News
- A review of the latest research into parkinson's disease with emphasis on prevention and complementary and alternative treatments.
Keeping the Faith
- An opportunity to spread awareness and connect other parkinson's disease patients and caregivers across the world. Includes the author's personal experience with PD and a blog.
Living Alone With Parkinson's Disease
- Information, tips, foods, exercises, aids and attitudes learned during living alone with PD for 19 years.
Martin's Web Site
- A personal story with links to information about parkinson's disease and other health related issues.
Mayo Clinic: Parkinson's Disease
- A description of the condition, as well as drug and surgical treatment.
MedlinePlus: Parkinson's Disease
- Provides an overview of basic information including news articles, research developments and links to other web sites.
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
- Parkinson's disease information sheet.
NHS Choices: Parkinson's Disease
- Provides information on this long-term neurological condition. Includes a short video and details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment, complications and prevention.
P-I-E-N-O Archive Treasures
- The Parkinson Archive Treasures are a collection of articles, studies and drug database for the student, doctor, Parkinson's patient, and caregiver.
- PD is a degenerative central nervous system (CNS) disorder. A discussion about the disorder, the symptoms and treatments of this disease.
Parkinson's Disease - Hope Through Research
- An informational booklet compiled by the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS).
- Provides information and resources to help you learn more about Parkinson’s disease and how to manage its symptoms. From GlaxoSmithKline.
Parkinson's Recovery Project
- Dedicated to dissemination of information regarding Parkinson's disease treatments which use techniques of Asian medicine. Find patient information, handbook updates, publications and other resources.
Parkinson's Unity Walk
- Annual event in New York City's Central Park, to increase awareness of PD and to raise funds for research. Register online to participate or support a walker.
- Natural methods and therapies said to help find relief from Parkinson’s Disease.
Patient UK: Parkinsonism and Parkinson's Disease
- Factsheet on this chronic neurological disorder, including its pathogenesis, epidemiology, presentation, differential diagnosis, investigation, management and prognosis.
Study of Anti Depressants in Parkinson's Disease
- A National Institute of Health research study of anti-depressant medication in patients with PD, conducted at several medical centers throughout the United States and Canada by the University of Rochester.
- Independent and self funded medical researchers specializing in PD, based in London, England. Parkinson's Disease history, treatment, diagnosis, causes, toxic causes, genetic causes, parkinsonism, symptoms, biochemistry, prevalence, famous people, strange facts, and organizations.
A View From the Lighter Side of Parkinson's
- Parkinsaw is an imaginary community in Michigan's Upper Peninsula for people with Parkinson's Disease. John Bjork, a member of the Parkinson's Information Exchange Network, describes their life with the disorder.
WebMD Parkinson's Disease Center
- A consumer health site for Parkinson's Disease, includes news and a caregiver section.
BBC Medical Notes
- The BBC reports that John Crossley-Stanbury started with the symptoms of Parkinson’s at the age of just 19, but he says people will not believe he has it, because he is so young. (May 01, 2010)
“I don’t want to be hidden away”
- The BBC reports on Jacqueline Narnor, diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease in her late twenties. (June 07, 2008)
BBC: Brain 'cannabis' Parkinson's hope
- Boosting the brain's natural cannabis-like chemicals could help treat Parkinson's disease, a study suggests. (February 08, 2007)
BBC: Parkinson's therapy trial success
- An initial trial of gene therapy treatment in the US for Parkinson's patients is hailed a success. (October 17, 2006)
BBC: Depression risk with Parkinson's
- Over 80% of people with Parkinson's disease frequently experience depression, a European survey finds. (June 24, 2006)
BBC: Parkinson's 'targets cell boiler'
- Parkinson's disease may cripple the energy-producing centre of cells, research suggests. (May 06, 2006)
BBC: Activity 'cuts Parkinson's risk'
- Physical activity may decrease the risk of developing Parkinson's disease, research suggests. (February 22, 2005)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 8:05:10 AM EDT -