become an editor
the entire directory
only in Neurological_Disorders/Nodding_Syndrome
Conditions and Diseases
Regional: Africa: South Sudan: Health
Regional: Africa: Uganda: Health
Investigation into the Nodding syndrome in Witto Payam, Western Equatoria State in 2010
- The South Sudan Medical Journal reports on whether nodding syndrome is a form of epilepsy.
- The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention describes its efforts to understand this “mysterious disease affecting children”.
- The free encyclopedia summarises the state of knowledge of symptoms, diagnosis and treatment, prognosis, possible causes, and prevalence and epidemiology.
Scientists baffled by mystery disease striking Uganda
- A video report by the BBC from Kitgum in northern Uganda. (April 03, 2012)
Uganda’s nodding disease: “I’ve lost hope”
- The BBC reports on the human cost of this mysterious neurological syndrome. (April 03, 2012)
Nodding disease: First Ugandan treatment centres open
- The BBC reports that Uganda has opened its first clinics specifically set to help thousands of children who have nodding syndrome. (March 13, 2012)
Mysterious ‘nodding syndrome’ affects many Ugandan children
- The Washington Post reports that Nodding syndrome affects many children in Uganda, but experts don’t know what it is or what causes it. (March 12, 2012)
The syndrome stealing Uganda and South Sudan’s children
- The BBC reports on a mysterious disease. (March 10, 2012)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 23, 2013 at 6:01:47 UTC -