become an editor
the entire directory
only in Muscle_Diseases/Spinal_Muscular_Atrophy
Conditions and Diseases
Spinal Muscular Atrophy
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Neurological Disorders: Muscle Diseases: Spinal Muscular Atrophy
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Neurological Disorders: Spinal Cord
This category in other languages:
- Elizabeth has Spinal Muscular Atrophy Type 1. She is in a clinical study at Stanford for SMA type. She has beat the odds. Read about her journey through life.
Families of SMA (Spinal Muscular Atrophy)
- International support group and resource center for this disease, includes current research.
- Organization raising public awareness and funds for research. Features disease fact sheets, a message board, merchandise, and research updates.
Ilsa's SMA Resources
- A detailed description, news and links with information about Spinal Muscular Atrophy. A personal story of a baby, Ilsa.
Jennifer Trust for Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Providing support, information and research news for UK families.
NHS Choices: Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Provides information on this debilitating genetic condition. Includes a short video and details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
Nightmares from a Disability Perspective
- Suzy describes being diagnosed with spinal muscular atrophy at the age of two and the many years of inappropriate treatment that followed.
Our SMA Angels
- Large on-line source of information and inspiration regarding children with SMA. See their faces, read their stories, remember those who have passed and fight with those who are fighting.
Rhiannon’s Journey: Receiving a Diagnosis Through to Prenatal Testing
- Rhiannon describes obtaining a diagnosis of spinal muscular atrophy with respiratory distress only after the death of her child. She feels that the different departments and hospitals involved in her daughter's care did not communicate with each other.
SMA Support Inc.
- A tax-exempt, not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing information and support to family, friends, individuals and caregivers on all aspects regarding the genetic disease SMA.
Spinal Muscular Atrophy Foundation
- Information on SMA, and the latest updates in research, treatment and funding.
- Canadian Chapter of Andrew's Buddies, fighting Spinal Muscular Atrophy SMA.
Spinal Muscular Atrophy
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, October 8, 2013 1:05:07 PM EDT -