become an editor
the entire directory
only in Neurological_Disorders/Meningitis
Conditions and Diseases
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Neurological Disorders: Infections: Encephalitis and Encephalomyelitis
This category in other languages:
- Support site for this inflammatory condition, written by a sufferer.
Arachnoiditis Yahoo Group
- Discussion group for sufferers of inflammation of the arachnoid mater.
eMedicine - Staphylococcal Meningitis
- Dr. Lawrence Zumo reports on this form of bacterial meningitis infection often linked to neurosurgery, trauma, and compromised immune system.
eMedicine Health - Meningitis in Adults
- Consumer health resource center providing information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment of this potentially life-threatening infection of the meninges—the tough layer of tissue that surrounds the brain and the spinal cord.
eMedicine Health - Meningitis in Children
- Consumer health resource center providing information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment.
- Dr. Marjorie Lazoff offers a detailed clinical report on its causes, symptoms, and treatment. Includes information on bacterial meningitis diagnostic and treatment procedures.
- List of publications with several hyperlinked fulltexts and photomicrograph documentation on primary amoebic meningoencephalitis in man in the Czech republic and experiments with Naegleria fowleri - the causative agent.
The McKenzie Meningitis Foundation
- Promotes education and awareness of a vaccine-preventable disease.
Medinfo - Meningitis
- Information on the symptoms and signs, what to do and where to go for further information, from Medinfo.co.uk
- Directory of news, articles, and factsheets.
- Non-profit organisation supporting families affected by bacterial meningitis.
Meningitis Foundation of America
- Information about the organization as well as the disease. Includes FAQs, symptoms, treatment, prevention, recovery and support. Also has a mailing list, newsletter and a survey.
- Information about meningitis and meningococcal disease, what research is taking place and what support is offered to sufferers by this global charity.
Meningitis Research Foundation
- Includes information on symptoms, diagnosis, after effects, scientific research and on support for those who have experienced the disease.
The Meningitis Research Foundation of Canada
- Information about the organization and its mission and events. Includes data about the disease, news and the different types.
Meningitis Vaccine Project
- Mission is to eliminate epidemic meningitis as a public health problem in sub-Saharan Africa through the development, testing, introduction, and widespread use of conjugate meningococcal vaccines. Features press releases and disease information.
- From McKinley Health Center an article about meningitis, its symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and a discussion about vaccines.
National Meningitis Association
- A nonprofit organization founded by parents to educate parents, students, health professionals and public policy makers about the dangers of meningococcal disease and vaccination efforts.
NHS Choices: Meningitis
- Provides information on this . Includes a short video and details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment, complications and prevention.
- Factsheet on this infection, including its epidemiology, causes, presentation, differential diagnosis, investigation, management, prognosis and prevention.
WHO: Meningococcal Disease
- Includes news releases, fact sheets, and articles.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 25, 2015 at 17:27:32 UTC -