become an editor
the entire directory
only in Neurological_Disorders/Meningitis
Conditions and Diseases
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Neurological Disorders: Infections: Encephalitis and Encephalomyelitis
This category in other languages:
- Support site for this inflammatory condition, written by a sufferer.
Arachnoiditis Yahoo Group
- Discussion group for sufferers of inflammation of the arachnoid mater.
- A Question and Answer discussion about bacterial meningitis explains the causes, treatment, and outcomes, which include loss of hearing, brain damage and even death.
eMedicine - Staphylococcal Meningitis
- Dr. Lawrence Zumo reports on this form of bacterial meningitis infection often linked to neurosurgery, trauma, and compromised immune system.
eMedicine Health - Meningitis in Adults
- Consumer health resource center providing information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment of this potentially life-threatening infection of the meninges—the tough layer of tissue that surrounds the brain and the spinal cord.
eMedicine Health - Meningitis in Children
- Consumer health resource center providing information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment.
- Dr. Marjorie Lazoff offers a detailed clinical report on its causes, symptoms, and treatment. Includes information on bacterial meningitis diagnostic and treatment procedures.
- List of publications with several hyperlinked fulltexts and photomicrograph documentation on primary amoebic meningoencephalitis in man in the Czech republic and experiments with Naegleria fowleri - the causative agent.
The McKenzie Meningitis Foundation
- Promotes education and awareness of a vaccine-preventable disease.
Medinfo - Meningitis
- Information on the symptoms and signs, what to do and where to go for further information, from Medinfo.co.uk
- Directory of news, articles, and factsheets.
- Non-profit organisation supporting families affected by bacterial meningitis.
Meningitis Foundation of America
- Information about the organization as well as the disease. Includes FAQs, symptoms, treatment, prevention, recovery and support. Also has a mailing list, newsletter and a survey.
Meningitis Research Foundation
- Includes information on symptoms, diagnosis, after effects, scientific research and on support for those who have experienced the disease.
The Meningitis Research Foundation of Canada
- Information about the organization and its mission and events. Includes data about the disease, news and the different types.
- Information about meningitis and meningococcal disease, what research is taking place and what support is offered to sufferers by this global charity.
Meningitis Vaccine Project
- Mission is to eliminate epidemic meningitis as a public health problem in sub-Saharan Africa through the development, testing, introduction, and widespread use of conjugate meningococcal vaccines. Features press releases and disease information.
Meningococcal Australia, Inc.
- Find an Australian charitable organisation, established in February 2003, dedicated solely to fighting Meningococcal Disease through education and research and assisting those people whose lives have been ravaged by this terrible disease.
- From McKinley Health Center an article about meningitis, its symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and a discussion about vaccines.
National Meningitis Association
- A nonprofit organization founded by parents to educate parents, students, health professionals and public policy makers about the dangers of meningococcal disease and vaccination efforts.
NHS Choices: Meningitis
- Provides information on this . Includes a short video and details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment, complications and prevention.
Novartis: Meningitis Vaccines
- Provides information on invasive meningococcal disease and the vaccines being developed to combat it.
Patient UK: Meningitis
- Factsheet on this infection, including its epidemiology, causes, presentation, differential diagnosis, investigation, management, prognosis and prevention.
WHO: Meningococcal Disease
- Includes news releases, fact sheets, and articles.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 2, 2015 at 7:15:08 UTC -