become an editor
the entire directory
only in Treatment/Ketogenic_Diet
Conditions and Diseases
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Neurological Disorders: Epilepsy
Home: Cooking: Special Diets
Australian Keto Kids
- Provides a source of information for Australian parents who have children suffering from uncontrolled epilepsy and/or are using the ketogenic diet. Also home of the Ketogenic Diet Support Group.
The Charlie Foundation
- The Foundation was established in 1994 in order to raise awareness about the ketogenic diet as a treatment for childhood epilepsy. Its role is to facilitate investigation, educate professionals, and inform families about the current status of the ketogenic diet.
Epilepsy and Brain Mapping: The Ketogenic Diet
- Provides a history of the diet, what it involves and success stories. From The Epilepsy and Brain Mapping Program, Pasadena, California.
epilepsy.com - Ketogenic Diet
- Provides information on the diet, including reasons for its use and possible side effects. Includes sample menus.
An Introduction to the Ketogenic Diet
- Describes the diet and includes some anecdotal comments on results.
- Offers tips and some simple recipes.
- Information from Ray Sahelian, M.D. describes how it works and the results of some studies on participants.
Ketogenic Diet FAQ
- Offers case histories and further information regarding the diet.
Ketogenic Diet Resource
- Offers tips, recipes and guidelines on using the diet for a number of health issues, including epilepsy, heartburn, joint pain, and pre-diabetes.
The Ketogenic Diet: Johns Hopkins Epilepsy Center
- The Ketogenic Diet Center provides medical management of pediatric epileptic patients on a high fat, low carb diet or a modified Atkins diet. in Baltimore, Maryland.
Stanford Medical Center - Ketogenic Diet Program
- Provides a ketogenic diet meal planner in .XLS format.
WebMD - Children’s Epilepsy: the Ketogenic Diet
- Offers a description of the diet, how it works, and drawbacks.
Wikipedia - Ketogenic Diet
- A resource on the diet that includes history, trial outcomes, contra-indications and hypotheses on how the diet acts to help prevent seizures.
Yahoo! Health Groups: Ketogenic
- For parents, family members, and care givers who are using the Ketogenic Diet as a means of control for epilepsy or seizure disorders.
ScienceDaily - Ketogenic Diet Reduces Seizures In Many Children
- Report of a study by Hopkins researchers that found the high-fat, low-carbohydrate diet reduces the number of seizures in children with severe seizure disorders, and the frequency of attacks is lower, years after the diet is stopped. (October 01, 2001)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 13, 2012 at 2:51:03 UTC -