become an editor
the entire directory
only in Neurological_Disorders/Dementia
Conditions and Diseases
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Neurological Disorders: Dementia
AIDS Dementia Complex
Pick Disease of the Brain
Primary Progressive Aphasia
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Neurological Disorders: Brain Diseases
Health: Home Health: Home Care
Health: Mental Health
Health: Senior Health
This category in other languages:
- Overview and fact sheet on dementia from the Merck Medical Manual.
- Subcortical arteriosclerotic encephalopathy information sheet compiled by National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.
Definition - Dementia
- From a dictionary of terms pertaining to memory processes.
Dementia Advocacy and Support Network International
- Provides information about DASN, a non-profit organization. Includes news headlines and resources for the diseases.
- An online tool for caregivers and persons with dementia to help recognize, understand, record, monitor and track symptoms. Find information about the types, treatments, Alzheimer's and working with your doctor.
- Offers individualized courses for specific settings e.g. day care, residential. Primary operations in the UK.
- Information and tools on dementia, created for medical professionals and for patients or caregivers.
Dementia: Diagnosis and Treatment
- Diagnosis, management and support for individuals and families affected by dementia
Dementia: Not Always Alzheimer's
- The Mayo Clinic presents a description of the condition, its causes, and methods of coping.
Dementias: Hope Through Research
- Information on Alzheimer's disease, vascular dementia, and other types of dementia compiled by the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS).
Ethnic Elders Care
- Covers diagnostic and treatment issues in dementia among ethnic elders and includes listings for memory disorders clinics, medical news, caregiver advice and information on cultural aspects of dementia.
- An explanation of this brain rotting disease found only in a remote part of New Guinea.
Memory Center - University of Chicago
- Information on dementia from the highly esteemed Memory Center at the University of Chicago Medical Center.
NHS Choices: Dementia
- Provides information on this syndrome associated with an ongoing decline of the brain and its abilities. Includes a short video and details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment, complications and prevention.
Patient UK: Dementia
- Factsheet on this syndrome where the patient has multiple cognitive deficits and memory loss, including its epidemiology, presentation, diagnosis, investigation, principles of good practice, treatment, management, prognosis and prevention.
The Clive Project
- Care and support for younger people (under 65 years of age) with dementia (early onset dementia) and Alzheimer's Disease, and their families.
eMedicine Health - Dementia Overview
- Consumer health resource center providing information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, June 25, 2012 11:45:51 AM EDT -