become an editor
the entire directory
only in Cranial_Nerve_Diseases/Bell's_Palsy
Conditions and Diseases
Cranial Nerve Diseases
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Neurological Disorders: Cranial Nerve Diseases: Bell's Palsy
- Information sheet on Bell's Palsy (facial paralysis) compiled by NINDS, the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.
Bell's Palsy - Facial Nerve Disorders
- Description of the condition,the nerve, and facial muscles, as well as diagnosis and treatment information.
Bell's Palsy Association
- UK registered charity. Forums and chat, history, treatment, and research.
Bell's Palsy Diary
- Bell's palsy diary and a recovery graph, hoping to be value to others, from Rudy de Bruin. Site in English and Dutch language.
Drug InfoNet Doctors' Answers to Frequently Asked Questions - Bell's Palsy
- Answers to frequently asked questions, for discussion purposes.
Facial Nerve (VII) Disorders
- Neuroanatomy of various syndromes involving paralysis of the seventh cranial nerve.
Facial Nerve Problems and Bell's Palsy
- MedicineNet.com's description of the condition including outlines of symptoms and the Herpes virus theory.
Fighting Bells Palsy
- A personal story, including what the author is doing to fight to regain his face and helpful links.
Is Tegretol used for Bells Palsy?
- The Neurology and Neurosurgery Forum - "ask the doctor" medical forum for patients hosted by Med Help Intl.
LEF Bell's Palsy Information
- Abstracts of journal articles covering various aspects of the disease and treatments, compiled by the Life Extension Foundation.
NHS Choices: Bell's Palsy
- Provides details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment and complications.
Patient UK: Facial Nerve Palsy
- Symptoms, causes, and treatment. Includes references.
Prednisone for Bell's Palsy
- Effect of early treatment of Bell's palsy with prednisolone. Interpretation of one study by Bandolier, a UK health care journal.
Saving Faces: Specialized Surgery helps Patients with Facial Paralysis
- Article by Tim Stephens on reconstructive surgery for a patient with facial paralysis. Relevant to the small proportion of people with Bell's palsy who do not regain normal facial movement.
The Bell's Palsy Network
- FAQs, forum, weekly chat and links.
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center: Facial Paralysis Center
- Describes symptoms and treatments.
Varied Use of Microsurgery
- Cross-facial nerve graft to improve symmetry and smile. By Professor Earl Owen of Sidney, AU.
What is Facial Retraining?
- A program designed to retrain facial muscles for movement and expression after facial paralysis. Relevant to patients with residuals or incomplete recoveries.
eMedicine Health - Bell Palsy
- Consumer health resource center providing information on causes, symptoms, and treatment of sudden weakness of one side of the face.
Bell's palsy: Your stories of living with half a smile
- BBC readers give their tales of the facial palsy. (November 06, 2012)
Facing the TV cameras with half a smile
- A BBC reporter in Shanghai reports on his part-paralysed face. (October 30, 2012)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, November 6, 2012 8:10:01 AM EST -