become an editor
the entire directory
only in Alzheimer's/Research
Conditions and Diseases
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Neurological Disorders: Alzheimer's: Research
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Neurological Disorders: Dementia: Research
This category in other languages:
A Molecular Genetic Study of Factors Involved in Alzheimer's Disease
- Doctoral thesis by Mikko Hiltunen, University of Kuopio.
Alzheimer Research Forum
- Has plenty of research information for both the professional and the patient.
Alzheimer's Disease Research
- Program to fund research and educate the public.
Alzheimer's Disease and Related Disorders Search and Rescue Research
- Wandering is an important behavior common in Alzheimer's disease that make the disease so critical to the field of search and rescue. Excerpts from a book not yet completely written.
Alzheimer's Research Center
- Information about treatment and prevention of Alzheimer's disease and other dementing illnesses.
Biological Markers for Alzheimer's Disease
- A doctoral thesis by Tero Tapiola.
Geriatric Studies Center - Alzheimer's Disease Research Center
- AD, mild cognitive impairment, clinical trials, geriatric studies, and information on resources available to patients.
Harvard Brain Tissue Resource Center
- resource for the collection and distribution of human brain specimens for brain research into neurological disorders and psychiatric illnesses.
Institute for Brain Aging and Dementia
- Includes information about the clinic, research and caregiver support.
MRI of Hippocampus In Incipient Alzheimer's Disease
- Doctoral thesis by Mikko Laakso.
Molecular Genetics of Alzheimer's Disease
- Review of genteics.
National Alzheimer's Coordinating Center
- Facilitates collaborative research among the approximately 30 Alzheimer's Disease Centers funded by the National Institute of Aging.
Stanford / VA Palo Alto Alzheimer's Research Center of California
- Offers support groups, clinical trials, sleep studies, dementia clinic FAQs, publications from staff members and contact information.
Taub Institute for Research on Alzheimer's Disease and the Aging Brain
- Sponsored by the U.S. National Institute on Aging, facilitating research and educational programs relating to Alzheimer's Disease and other age-related neurodegenerative diseases.
The Lost Alzheimer's and Related Disorders Search Subject: New Research & Perspectives
- Long article based on a search and rescue conference talk discusses the issue of people with dementia wandering away from their caregivers.
The McCusker Foundation for Alzheimer's Disease Research
- To develop early diagnostic tests for Alzheimer's accelerate discovery of effective treatment - Univ. of Western Australia.
University of Washington Alzheimer's Disease Research Center
- Information for researchers, health care providers and families.
Yale Alzheimer’s Disease Research Unit
- Conducts clinical research in the treatment, neuroimaging, and genetics of Alzheimer's disease and healthy aging.
BBC: Loneliness link with Alzheimer's
- People who are lonely are twice as likely to develop Alzheimer's disease, a large US study has suggested. (February 06, 2007)
BBC: Alzheimer's vaccine 'in a patch'
- A patch to deliver a vaccine against Alzheimer's disease has been shown to be safe. (January 23, 2007)
BBC: Gene 'increases Alzheimer's risk'
- People born with a certain gene may have a greater risk of developing Alzheimer's, scientists say. (January 15, 2007)
BBC: Scan could spot early Alzheimer's
- Researchers developed a test which could lead to better treatments and faster diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease. (December 27, 2006)
BBC: Alzheimer's risk 'is 80% genetic'
- Genetic factors could determine up to 80% of a person's risk of developing Alzheimer's disease, a study suggests. (February 12, 2006)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 1:45:07 AM EDT -