become an editor
the entire directory
only in Musculoskeletal_Disorders/Osteoporosis
Conditions and Diseases
Health: Nutrition: Nutrients: Vitamins and Minerals: Calcium
Health: Pharmacy: Drugs and Medications: C: Calcium
Health: Senior Health
Health: Women's Health: Menopause
This category in other languages:
- Analysis of how various nutrients affect osteoporosis.
Arthritis Insight - Osteoporosis
- Information about osteoporosis, including statistics, diagnosis, treatment, community center, news, tips and resources.
Australian Bone Density Testing Centre
- Information on done density testing and education to assess risk of fracture and prevention.
Bone Health for Life
- Practical advice to improve bone health.
Boning Up on Osteoporosis
- Article on this condition and on a study to determine whether the consumption of sulfur-containing animal proteins caused bone resorption.
Boning Up on Osteoporosis
- Article by Carolyn J. Strange examining some things will help to lessen the effects of osteoporosis, and reduce its severity.
eMedicine Health - Osteoporosis
- Information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment.
Foundation for Movement Intelligence
- FMI is an organization dedicated to promoting the world's best movement practices in the service of osteoporosis prevention and reversal. Sponsors Bones for Life education, training, and research in North America.
Foundation for Osteoporosis Research and Education
- An organization dedicated to serving both the public and medical community through research and education to increase the awareness of osteoporosis.
- Information about osteoporosis on a women's health website. Includes bone growth, risk factors, a bone-building checklist, and preventing falls and hip fractures.
International Osteoporosis Foundation
- IOF is a non-profit organisation which advocates the early prevention, diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis and related bone diseases.
Mayo Clinic: Osteoporosis
- Information on risk-factors, prevention and treatment of osteporosis.
- Easy to understand information for patients on osteoporosis.
National Institute of Health - Osteoporosis and Related Bone Diseases
- Information to health care professionals, patients and the public about metabolic bone diseases.
National Osteoporosis Foundation
- Fighting osteoporosis and promoting bone health. Includes news, resources for patients and professionals, and information on advocacy and prevention.
National Osteoporosis Society
- The only UK national charity dedicated to eradicating osteoporosis and promoting bone health in both men and women.
New Mexico Clinical Research & Osteoporosis Center
- Special interest in clinical research, osteoporosis care, and bone density testing. Includes links patient and healthcare information.
NIAMS: Osteoporosis in Men
- Information on causes, risk factors, treatments and prevention.
Oregon Osteoporosis Center, Portland, Oregon
- Provides clinical care and evaluation, clinical research activities, and educational programs, with a primary focus on osteoporosis and related disorders.
- Features a weblog containing a day to day living plan for women diagnosed with Osteoporosis.
Osteoporosis and Bone Physiology
- Educational site for patients and physicians discusses the condition and its diagnosis, treatment, and underlying physiology.
- Charity supporting research and public education to reduce the incidence and improve the management of this condition. Includes information materials for various different audiences.
- Charitable organization's site provides up-to-date information on the risks, prevention, diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis.
The Osteoporosis Center
- Includes discussions on diagnosis, complications, treatments and newest osteoporosis drugs discussed.
Osteoporosis Education Project
- Details about OEP and its program which focuses on natural programs that will prevent, halt, and reverse osteoporosis. Includes a newsletter, research, calendar of events and contact details.
The Osteoporosis Nutritionist
- Information on individualized nutrition and lifestyle consulting services.
- Links to resources for this disease.
Osteoporosis Solutions and Therapy
- Provides information on this disease, its signs and symptoms, risk factors, diagnosis, pathogenesis, treatment, prognosis, epidemiology and prevention.
Osteoporosis Treatment Advice
- A weblog that aims to give in-depth analysis of the osteoporosis syndrome and offers a forum for visitors to talk about their condition.
Osteoporosis: A New Era in Recognition and Treatment
- Seminar presentation intended for medical professionals discusses risk factors, bone density measurements and their interpretation, and the pros and cons of hormone replacement therapy. [Available as Flash video or slides and text with optional audio.]
Patient UK: Osteoporosis
- Provides information on this progressive systemic skeletal disease including its epidemiology, risk factors, presentation, investigations, management, treatment and prognosis.
RadiologyInfo: Bone Densitometry
- Information on what to expect for this diagnostic procedure.
Usenet sci.med.diseases.osteoporosis -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 5, 2014 at 15:45:11 UTC -