become an editor
the entire directory
only in Connective_Tissue/Marfan_Syndrome
Conditions and Diseases
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Musculoskeletal Disorders: Connective Tissue: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Musculoskeletal Disorders: Connective Tissue: Hypermobility Syndrome
This category in other languages:
Canadian Marfan Association
- Information, articles, events, a patient survey, and products. Also includes an article on Pharaoh Akhenaten who was believe to have the disease.
GeneReviews: Marfan Syndrome
- Summary, diagnosis, clinical description, differential diagnosis, management, genetic counseling and molecular genetics.
International Federation of Marfan Syndrome Organizations
- A global information center providing links to Organizations around the world.
Living With Marfans
- This site is an in depth look into the life of someone who has Marfan Syndrome and what they have learned along the way.
The Marfan Syndrome
- A diary of the disease events in the life of someone with this condition. Includes a list of links.
- A guide to this connective tissue disease.
- Article from eMedicine.
- A Question-Answer format page of information.
- Online chapter from The Merck Manual of Medical Information.
Marfan Syndrome: Does Diet Play a Role
- Explores the idea that the disease is affected not by the fibrillin gene, but by one's diet.
Marfans Research Foundation
- Irish charity with information on fund raising activities and the condition.
MFS Type 1 Fibrillin Gene
- Major resources listed as well as genetic information.
The Mystery of Akhenaten: Genetics or Aesthetics?
- A history of the pharaoh along with theories applied to what he may have had, including Marfan's.
National Marfan Foundation
- Providing accurate and timely information about the disorder to patients, family members and physicians.
NHS Choices: Marfan Syndrome
- Provides information on this inherited condition that affects the body's connective tissues. Includes details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis and treatment.
Questions and Answers about Marfan Syndrome
- From the National Institutes of Health.
Slovak Marfan Association
- The association provides a network of patients, relatives and doctors in Slovakia, informs and helps patients to improve the medical care.
South African Marfan Syndrome Organisation
- Information in English and Afrikaans,including an interactive diagnosis tool that allows for an accurate diagnosis.
The engineer who fixed his own heart and others too
- The BBC reports on Tal Golesworthy, who didn’t like the available treatments for Marfan, so did better. (November 20, 2013)
Usenet alt.support.marfan -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 11, 2016 at 3:09:48 UTC -