become an editor
the entire directory
only in Infectious_Diseases/Zoonoses
Conditions and Diseases
Animal Bites and Stings
Creutzfeldt Jakob Disease
Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever
Southern Tick-Associated Rash Illness
West Nile Virus
Health: Animal: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Food and Water Borne
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Vector Borne
This category in other languages:
About.com: Zoonotic Diseases
- Disease information on several zoonoses.
AVMA Public Health Information
- Publications and links from the American Veterinary Medical Association on "Mad Cow Disease", psittacosis, rabies, and other zoonoses.
CDC - Healthy Pets, Healthy People
- Directory of zoonotic disease related factsheets, articles, prevention tools, resources, and news reports.
CDC Parasitic Pathways - Animals
- Factsheets and articles on parasitic zoonoses.
Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment: Zoonosis Diseases
- Factsheets on hantavirus, west Nile virus, plague, rabies, tularemia and tick-borne diseases.
Defra: Zoonoses and Foodborne Animal Pathogens
- Includes reports and disease information from the UK.
- Paper on new zoonoses from the CDC.
The European Committee - Food Safety - Zoonoses
- Includes directives, white papers, reports, and articles.
Food Safety Authority of Ireland: Zoonoses
- Features information, publications and factsheets.
Health Protection Agency: Zoonoses
- UK information and response center for surveillance and control of infectious diseases transmissible between animal hosts and humans. Includes factsheets, reports and articles.
Hokkaido University Research Center for Zoonosis Control
- Scientific and educational activities related to the control of zoonotic diseases.
Larva Migrans and Echinococcus Hydatidosis
- Features treatments, causes, and prevention.
Mediterranean Zoonoses Control Programme
- Includes activities, publications, factsheets, and meetings. In Greek and English.
Melissa Kaplan's Herps, Zoonoses and Related Human Health Concerns
- Directory of articles and factsheets on pet related zoonoses focussing on salmonella in iguanas.
National Center for Foreign Animal and Zoonotic Disease Defense
- News and information about U.S. Department of Homeland Security research, informatics, and related efforts to address the threats presented by introduced zoonoses.
Natural Unseen Hazards
- Blog by Jerry Genesio, author of "Unseen Hazards That Threaten Hunters, Campers, and Hikers: What you should know about pathogens commonly found in wildlife."
North West Zoonoses Group
- UK organization. Includes membership, reports, disease information, and surveillance information.
Ohio Department of Health: Zoonotic Diseases Program
- Includes forms, factsheets, links, and publications.
Salmonella and Other Zoonoses: The Basics
- Discusses salmonellosis and other zoonoses carried by reptiles and other pets.
Society for Zoonotic Ecology and Epidemiology
- Features publications, events, research, and publications.
State of Washington Zoonotic and Vector-borne Disease Program
- Provides technical assistance and training to local health departments, veterinarians, and the public on the transmission, prevention, control, and epidemiology of diseases transmitted to humans from insects and animals.
Texas Department of Health Zoonosis Control Division
- Includes factsheets, disease information, information for veterinarians, and the oral rabies vaccination program for wildlife.
- Information on these diseases of animals that can be transmitted to humans, review articles, news items, research articles and reports.
UK Zoonoses Reports
- DEFRA supplies an annual report on diseases in the UK that humans have acquired from animals.
- Factsheets and publications concerning several zoonotic diseases.
WHO: Zoonotic Diseases: Animal and Food-related Health Risks
- Features factsheets, meetings, reports, issues, and publications.
Zoonoses Acquired from Pet Primates
- Discusses several monkey and ape borne zoonotic diseases.
- Extensive article from the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services.
Zoonoses of House Pets Other Than Dogs, Cats and Birds
- Article by Bruno B. Chomel, DVM PhD, Pediatric Infectious Diseases Journal.
Zoonotic Diseases in Wildlife Populations
- Discusses several zoonoses carried by wild animals.
Zoonotic Diseases Tutorial
- Zoonotic diseases are diseases caused by infectious agents that can be transmitted between (or are shared by) animals and humans. Features detailed information on many organisms.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 3, 2015 at 12:35:08 UTC -