become an editor
the entire directory
only in Viral/XMRV
Conditions and Diseases
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Viral: XMRV
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Cancer: Genitourinary: Prostate
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Neurological Disorders: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
CFIDS: XMRV Link to CFS Generates New Scientific and Media Interest
- Overview and links to articles in peer-reviewed journals, and from government agencies, professional organizations, and the media.
University of Utah: Ila Singh, M.D. Ph.D.
- Professor and Associate Medical Director of ARUP's Hepatitis-Retrovirus Laboratories. Overview of her research into XMRV and list of publications.
WSJ.com: Further Evidence of an XMRV-Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Connection?
- A report that a respected NIH expert supported an association between the XMRV virus and chronic fatigue syndrome during a closed workshop on blood transfusion in May. (June 23, 2010)
Medscape Medical News: Controversy Continues on Whether XMRV Retrovirus Contributes to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Addressing the need for standardization in testing and the possibility of blood banks to refuse donations from people with CFS. (June 17, 2010)
Wall Street Journal: Potential Risk to Blood Supply Probed
- Article on the public-health response to XMRV. (April 10, 2010)
ScienceDaily: Correlation Between XMRV and Prostate Cancer: Novel Retrovirus Diagnostic Test Developed
- Report about the successful development of an experimental clinical test for XMRV by researchers at Emory University. (April 06, 2010)
This Week in Virology: XMRV with Professor Stephen Goff
- Netcast of virologist Vincent Racaniello speaking with retrovirus researcher Stephen Vincent about the origin of XMRV and its association with disease. (April 04, 2010)
Urology: XMRV Infection in Patients With Prostate Cancer: Novel Serologic Assay and Correlation With PCR and FISH
- Full text of the report from Emory University on the development of the serum test to identify XMRV infection. (April 01, 2010)
Retrovirology: Detection of a Gammaretrovirus, XMRV, in the Human Population
- Questions concerning the detection of XMRV and implications for xenotransplantation. (March 10, 2010)
British Medical Journal: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Human Retrovirus XMRV
- Referenced article about the findings of different studies. (February 25, 2010)
Prevalence of Xenotropic Murine Leukaemia Virus-related Virus in Patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in the Netherlands
- Report on a retrospective analysis that failed to show the presence of XMRV. (February 25, 2010)
Retrovirology: Absence of Xenotropic Murine Leukaemia Virus-related Virus in UK Patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Full text of a study that did not find XMRV in CFS patients in the United Kingdom. [PDF] (February 15, 2010)
Science: Detection of an Infectious Retrovirus, XMRV, in Blood Cells of Patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Abstract of the report with links to related articles and resarch. (October 23, 2009)
PNAS: XMRV is Present in Malignant Prostatic Epithelium and is Associated with Prostate Cancer
- Research findings on the association between XMRV and prostate cancer, including some differences from previous research which indicate more people may be at risk. (September 22, 2009)
PNAS: A New Human Retrovirus Associated with Prostate Cancer
- Referenced article on the connection found between XMRV and prostate cancer. (January 30, 2007)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 24, 2013 at 11:15:05 UTC -