the entire directory
only in Viral/West_Nile_Virus
Conditions and Diseases
West Nile Virus
Health: Animal: Mammals: Equine: Conditions and Diseases
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Vector Borne
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Viral: Hemorrhagic Fevers
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Zoonoses
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Neurological Disorders: Infections
Home: Gardening: Pest and Disease Control
Recreation: Outdoors: Equipment: Insect Repellent
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Arthropoda: Insecta: Diptera: Culicidae
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Chordata: Aves: Passeriformes: Corvidae
This category in other languages:
CDC: West Nile Virus
- Describes the entomology, and gives details of the NYC area outbreak, as well as providing background information on surveillance, control, and prevention.
Alabama: West Nile Virus
- Information and resources about the disease in the state for the general public, healthcare professionals and veterinarians.
Alberta Health and Wellness: West Nile Virus
- Features response plans, information for health professionals, common questions, and press releases.
Annals of Internal Medicine: West Nile Virus: A Primer for the Clinician
- Provides doctors with information on the diagnosis, reporting, and management of patients with suspected West Nile virus infection.
Are Crows the New Plague Carriers?
- Discussed the connection between the West Nile virus and large-scale deaths of crows. Concludes that horses and migratory birds are the main vectors for spread of the disease.
Arizona: West Nile Virus Surveillance and Prevention
- Includes facts about the disease and the prevention program in the state.
Arkansas: West Nile Virus
- Features press releases, surveillance, hotline, and educational materials.
California West Nile Virus Surveillance Information Center
- Information on the disease and prevention of the disease in the state.
Chicago Department of Public Health: West Nile Virus
- Features an overview, symptoms, prevention and surveillance reports.
Colorado West Nile Virus Information
- From the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. Press releases and information about the disease in the state.
Determining Impacts of West Nile Virus on Crows and Other Birds
- The National Audubon Society provides a report on the disease and its effects on birds. [PDF]
District of Columbia Department of Health: West Nile Virus
- Features disease information, mosquito control measures, brochures, and information for clinicians.
eMedicine - West Nile Encephalitis
- Infectious disease expert reviews clinical and laboratory data associated with the West Nile virus infection. Includes guidelines on diagnosis, encephalitis and meningitis treatment, and patient care.
eMedicinehealth - West Nile Virus
- Dr. David Donson offers a report on the symptoms of West Nile virus infection such as flulike fever, encephalitis, and meningitis. Includes information on emergency care and mosquito bite prevention tips.
FDA: Response to the Emerging Threat of Transmission of West Nile Virus through Blood and Tissue
- Outlines the threat posed by the virus being in blood products and considers what action should be taken.
First Nations and West Nile Virus
- Programs to combat and monitor the disease among the First Nations of Canada.
Florida State Arboviral Encephalitis and West Nile Virus Information
- Information for physicians, maps of locations, press releases, and how to report incidences of the diseases.
Georgia Department of Public Health - Vector-borne Diseases
- Information on West Nile virus and other mosquito borne diseases in the state.
Hawaii: West Nile Virus Information Center
- Includes disease information, brochures, FAQ, and notice to clinicians.
Idaho West Nile Virus
- Idaho Department of Health and Welfare, Communicable Disease Prevention. General information and prevention measures.
Illinois Department of Public Health: West Nile Virus
- Information about the disease in the state, including news releases, surveillance information, and public education.
Indiana State Department of Health: West Nile Virus
- Features news releases, links, maps, and references. In English and Spanish.
Iowa West Nile Virus Surveillance
- Includes map and newsletter for health care providers.
Kentucky Department for Public Health: West Nile Virus
- Information about the disease and mosquito control information.
Kids and the West Nile Virus
- Risk and symptoms of the disease in children.
Kidshealth: West Nile Virus
- Factsheets with cause, symptoms, and prevention.
Louisiana OPH - Infectious Disease Epidemiology Program: West Nile Virus and Other Arboviruses
- Surveillance for West Nile Virus was initiated in Louisiana in 2000, sentinels include 16 hospital emergency rooms, chicken flocks, mosquitoes, horses, and birds.
Maine West Nile Virus
- Includes resources for Maine residents and for physicians, with links to information on other vector-borne diseases.
Manitoba Health: West Nile Virus
- Includes surveillance activities in the province, news, factsheets, and statistics.
Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene: West Nile Virus
- West Nile Virus information and resources.
Massachusetts EOHSS: Arbovirus
- Provides information and resources on West Nile virus and eastern equine encephalitis virus which are both transmitted by mosquitoes.
Mayo Clinic - West Nile Virus
- Features signs and symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention.
MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia: West Nile Virus
- Includes cause, risk factors, prognosis, diagnosis, complications, tests, and prevention.
MedlinePlus: West Nile Virus
- Features news stories and links.
Michigan West Nile Virus
- Reports on West Nile Virus, press releases, educational resources, and test specimen collection contact information.
Minnesota Department of Health : West Nile Virus and Other Mosquito-Transmitted Diseases
- Features maps, fact sheets, links, and information about the disease in the state.
Mississippi State Department Of Health: West Nile Virus
- Information, news releases and forms.
National Pesticide Information Center: West Nile Virus
- Features disease information, links, statistics, and maps.
Nebraska HHS System: West Nile Virus Surveillance Program
- Includes fact sheets, surveillance information and forms, and links.
New Brunswick Health: West Nile Virus
- Features factsheets, management plan, and statistics.
New Hampshire: Eastern Equine Encephalitis and West Nile Virus
- General overview of these diseases and prevention guidelines.
New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services, West Nile Virus
- Features articles, news stories, and fact sheet.
New Mexico Department of Health: West Nile Virus
- Includes updates on the virus in the state and brochures on the disease.
New York City Department of Health - West Nile Virus
- Information, fact sheets, reporting forms and local news related to the West Nile Virus in the New York City area.
New York Hospital Queens: West Nile Virus
- Provides information about the investigational treatment protocol for the virus employing alpha interferon.
New York State Department of Health: West Nile Virus
- Features information on the disease in the state, journalist's guide to the West Nile Virus, and fact sheet for healthcare providers.
NHS Choices: West Nile Virus
- Provides details of symptoms, diagnosis and treatment and how to reduce the risk of catching the viral disease.
North Dakota Department of Health: West Nile Virus
- West Nile surveillance information for the state.
Nova Scotia Health Promotion and Protection: West Nile Virus
- Includes factsheets, action plan, and a printable brochure.
Oklahoma State Department of Health: West Nile Virus
- Provides information on this disease and its incidence in the state. Includes a number of factsheets, reports and resources.
Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care: West Nile Virus
- Includes publications and surveillance activities.
Oregon Public Health Services : West Nile Virus
- Includes fact sheets and reporting information on the disease in the state.
Pennsylvania: West Nile Virus
- News releases and information about the disease in the state.
Postgraduate Medicine: West Nile Virus Infection
- Medical and scientific article on the virus and disease.
Prince Edward Island Health: West Nile Virus
- Features surveillance information and common questions.
Public Health Agency of Canada: West Nile Virus
- Information about the disease and the efforts in Canada to detect it.
Public Health in North Carolina: West Nile Virus
- Provides information on the disease, its symptoms in humans and how it affects birds. Includes a number of brochures and related links.
Quebec West Nile Virus
- Information from the Health Ministry on the disease. In French and English.
Rhode Island: West Nile Virus
- Overview, symptoms, prevention and transmission.
Saskatchewan Health: West Nile Virus Awareness and Prevention
- Information and advice.
South Carolina: West Nile Virus
- Information and resources on the disease in the state.
South Dakota Department of Health: West Nile Virus
- Information about the disease in the state, links and factsheet.
Tennessee: West Nile Virus
- Features fact sheets, disease and vector information, and surveillance information.
Texas Department of Health Zoonosis Control Division - West Nile Virus
- Information about the disease in humans, horses, and birds in Texas. Includes maps, statistics, news releases, and fact sheets about the disease.
TheHorse.com: West Nile Virus
- Information and articles about the disease and its effects on horses and humans.
Topix - West Nile Virus News
- News about the disease collected from diverse sources.
Vermont Department of Health: West Nile Virus Information
- Includes fact sheet, news releases, and state surveillance and response plan.
Virginia Department of Health: West Nile Virus
- Includes reporting information, prevention tips, and surveillance information in the state.
Washington State Department of Health: West Nile Virus
- Includes press releases, FAQ, and brochures.
West Nile Fever: A Medical Detective Story
- The story behind the discovery and identification of West Nile Virus during its initial 1999 outbreak in NYC.
West Nile Virus
- Fact sheets and advisories from the US Geological Survey as well as link to additional information.
West Nile Virus
- Policies, research, fact sheets, and other West Nile Virus information from the Department Of Defense Deployment Health Clinical Center.
West Nile Virus
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases fact sheet on research being undertaken.
West Nile Virus - Vads Corner
- Features links to information about the disease, with the focus on news links.
West Nile Virus Guidelines for Horse Owners
- Article describing transmission and symptoms of West Nile Virus in horses and providing recommendations for controlling mosquitoes and managing horses to avoid infection.
West Nile Virus in British Columbia
- Features surveillance data, frequently asked questions, press releases and publications.
West Nile Virus in Kansas
- Offers information on the status of West Nile Virus in Kansas and provides links to additional sites for information on West Nile virus in North America.
West Virginia: West Nile Virus
- Brochures and information about the disease in the state.
Wisconsin: West Nile Virus
- Includes news releases, state statistics, surveillance, and brochures.
Wyoming West Nile Virus Information
- Includes news releases, surveillance information in the state, forms, and fact sheet.
CDC - West Nile Virus in Mexico: Evidence of Widespread Circulation since July 2002
- Article on the disease's spread in Mexico. (December 01, 2003)
New Scientist: Traces of West Nile virus found in UK birds
- First reported confirmation of antibodies to the disease in UK birds. (July 23, 2003)
Vitritis and Chorioretinitis in a Patient With West Nile Virus Infection
- Abstract of Archives of Ophthalmology article about a patient presenting with floaters and other eye problems. (February 01, 2003)
BBC News: Killer virus 'may have reached UK'
- News article on the disease. (October 28, 2002)
Inside Illinois: UI lab confirms first cases of West Nile in canines, squirrels
- News report of the confirmation of fatal cases of the disease in squirrels, a wolf, and a dog. (September 19, 2002)
USA Today: 21 West Nile deaths reported in Illinois in worst outbreak in the country
- News article about the human cases of the disease in the Chicago area, plus links to other stories concerning the disease. (September 18, 2002)
Topix: West Nile Virus
- News on West Nile Virus from various sources. [RSS]
West Nile Virus
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 19, 2015 at 9:45:12 UTC -