the entire directory
only in Viral/West_Nile_Virus
Conditions and Diseases
West Nile Virus
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Viral: West Nile Virus
Health: Animal: Mammals: Equine: Conditions and Diseases
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Vector Borne
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Viral: Hemorrhagic Fevers
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Zoonoses
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Neurological Disorders: Infections
Home: Gardening: Pest and Disease Control
Recreation: Outdoors: Equipment: Insect Repellent
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Arthropoda: Insecta: Diptera: Culicidae
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Chordata: Aves: Passeriformes: Corvidae
This category in other languages:
CDC: West Nile Virus
- Describes the entomology, and gives details of the NYC area outbreak, as well as providing background information on surveillance, control, and prevention.
Alabama: West Nile Virus
- Information and resources about the disease in the state for the general public, healthcare professionals and veterinarians.
Alberta Health and Wellness: West Nile Virus
- Features response plans, information for health professionals, common questions, and press releases.
Annals of Internal Medicine: West Nile Virus: A Primer for the Clinician
- Provides doctors with information on the diagnosis, reporting, and management of patients with suspected West Nile virus infection.
Are Crows the New Plague Carriers?
- Discussed the connection between the West Nile virus and large-scale deaths of crows. Concludes that horses and migratory birds are the main vectors for spread of the disease.
Arizona: West Nile Virus Surveillance and Prevention
- Includes facts about the disease and the prevention program in the state.
Arkansas: West Nile Virus
- Features press releases, surveillance, hotline, and educational materials.
CBC News - West Nile Virus
- Discussion of the spread of the disease in Canada. Includes information on patients, blood screening, tests, and prevention, as well as provincial statistics and media clips.
California West Nile Virus Surveillance Information Center
- Information on the disease and prevention of the disease in the state.
Chicago Department of Public Health: West Nile Virus
- Features an overview, symptoms, prevention and surveillance reports.
Colorado West Nile Virus Information
- From the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. Press releases and information about the disease in the state.
Determining Impacts of West Nile Virus on Crows and Other Birds
- The National Audubon Society provides a report on the disease and its effects on birds. [PDF]
District of Columbia Department of Health: West Nile Virus
- Features disease information, mosquito control measures, brochures, and information for clinicians.
European Commission Public Health: West Nile Virus
- Features disease information, outbreaks, press releases, publications, projects, and documents.
FDA: Response to the Emerging Threat of Transmission of West Nile Virus through Blood and Tissue
- Outlines the threat posed by the virus being in blood products and considers what action should be taken.
First Nations and West Nile Virus
- Programs to combat and monitor the disease among the First Nations of Canada.
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services West Nile Virus Information
- Press releases, FAQs, emergency management plan, resources for virus information, and contacts.
Florida State Arboviral Encephalitis and West Nile Virus Information
- Information for physicians, maps of locations, press releases, and how to report incidences of the diseases.
Georgia Department of Public Health - Vector-borne Diseases
- Information on West Nile virus and other mosquito borne diseases in the state.
Hawaii: West Nile Virus Information Center
- Includes disease information, brochures, FAQ, and notice to clinicians.
Idaho West Nile Virus
- Idaho Department of Health and Welfare, Communicable Disease Prevention. General information and prevention measures.
Illinois Department of Public Health: West Nile Virus
- Information about the disease in the state, including news releases, surveillance information, and public education.
Indiana State Department of Health: West Nile Virus
- Features news releases, links, maps, and references. In English and Spanish.
Iowa West Nile Virus Surveillance
- Includes map and newsletter for health care providers.
Kentucky Department for Public Health: West Nile Virus
- Information about the disease and mosquito control information.
Kids and the West Nile Virus
- Risk and symptoms of the disease in children.
Kidshealth: West Nile Virus
- Factsheets with cause, symptoms, and prevention.
Louisiana OPH - Infectious Disease Epidemiology Program: West Nile Virus and Other Arboviruses
- Surveillance for West Nile Virus was initiated in Louisiana in 2000, sentinels include 16 hospital emergency rooms, chicken flocks, mosquitoes, horses, and birds.
Maine West Nile Virus
- Includes resources for Maine residents and for physicians, with links to information on other vector-borne diseases.
Manitoba Health: West Nile Virus
- Includes surveillance activities in the province, news, factsheets, and statistics.
Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene: West Nile Virus
- West Nile Virus information and resources.
MayoClinic.com - West Nile Virus
- Features signs and symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention.
MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia: West Nile Virus
- Includes cause, risk factors, prognosis, diagnosis, complications, tests, and prevention.
MedlinePlus: West Nile Virus
- Features news stories and links.
Michigan West Nile Virus
- Reports on West Nile Virus, press releases, educational resources, and test specimen collection contact information.
Minnesota Department of Health : West Nile Virus and Other Mosquito-Transmitted Diseases
- Features maps, fact sheets, links, and information about the disease in the state.
Mississippi State Department Of Health: West Nile Virus
- Information, news releases and forms.
NHS Choices: West Nile Virus
- Provides details of symptoms, diagnosis and treatment and how to reduce the risk of catching the viral disease.
National Pesticide Information Center: West Nile Virus
- Features disease information, links, statistics, and maps.
Nebraska HHS System: West Nile Virus Surveillance Program
- Includes fact sheets, surveillance information and forms, and links.
Nevada: West Nile Virus
- General information on the disease and brochures.
New Hampshire: Eastern Equine Encephalitis and West Nile Virus
- General overview of these diseases and prevention guidelines.
New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services, West Nile Virus
- Features articles, news stories, and fact sheet.
New Mexico Department of Health: West Nile Virus
- Includes updates on the virus in the state and brochures on the disease.
New York City Department of Health - West Nile Virus
- Information, fact sheets, reporting forms and local news related to the West Nile Virus in the New York City area.
New York State Department of Health: West Nile Virus
- Features information on the disease in the state, journalist's guide to the West Nile Virus, and fact sheet for healthcare providers.
North Dakota Department of Health: West Nile Virus
- West Nile surveillance information for the state.
Nova Scotia Health Promotion and Protection: West Nile Virus
- Includes factsheets, action plan, and a printable brochure.
Ohio West Nile Virus
- Information about the disease in the state.
Oklahoma State Department of Health: West Nile Virus
- Provides information on this disease and its incidence in the state. Includes a number of factsheets, reports and resources.
Oregon Public Health Services : West Nile Virus
- Includes fact sheets and reporting information on the disease in the state.
Pennsylvania: West Nile Virus
- News releases and information about the disease in the state.
Postgraduate Medicine: West Nile Virus Infection
- Medical and scientific article on the virus and disease.
Prince Edward Island Health: West Nile Virus
- Features surveillance information and common questions.
Profile for West Nile Virus
- Provides a description of the disease, a rationale for government intervention, geographical distribution, risk to human health and a GB control strategy. [pdf]
Public Health Agency of Canada: West Nile Virus
- Information about the disease and the efforts in Canada to detect it.
Public Health in North Carolina: West Nile Virus
- Provides information on the disease, its symptoms in humans and how it affects birds. Includes a number of brochures and related links.
Rhode Island: West Nile Virus
- Overview, symptoms, prevention and transmission.
Saskatchewan Health: West Nile Virus Awareness and Prevention
- Information and advice.
South Carolina: West Nile Virus
- Information and resources on the disease in the state.
South Dakota Department of Health: West Nile Virus
- Information about the disease in the state, links and factsheet.
State and Local Government Sites - West Nile Virus
- Links to official sites, including how to report dead birds.
Tennessee: West Nile Virus
- Features fact sheets, disease and vector information, and surveillance information.
Texas Department of Health Zoonosis Control Division - West Nile Virus
- Information about the disease in humans, horses, and birds in Texas. Includes maps, statistics, news releases, and fact sheets about the disease.
TheHorse.com: West Nile Virus
- Information and articles about the disease and its effects on horses and humans.
Topix - West Nile Virus News
- News about the disease collected from diverse sources.
US Department of Agriculture: West Nile Virus
- Information on the current status of this disease and its prevention and control in horses, poultry, and other livestock.
Vermont Department of Health: West Nile Virus Information
- Includes fact sheet, news releases, and state surveillance and response plan.
Virginia Department of Health: West Nile Virus
- Includes reporting information, prevention tips, and surveillance information in the state.
West Nile Fever: A Medical Detective Story
- The story behind the discovery and identification of West Nile Virus during its initial 1999 outbreak in NYC.
West Nile Virus
- Fact sheets and advisories from the US Geological Survey as well as link to additional information.
West Nile Virus
- Policies, research, fact sheets, and other West Nile Virus information from the Department Of Defense Deployment Health Clinical Center.
West Nile Virus
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases fact sheet on research being undertaken.
West Nile Virus - Vads Corner
- Features links to information about the disease, with the focus on news links.
West Nile Virus Guidelines for Horse Owners
- Article describing transmission and symptoms of West Nile Virus in horses and providing recommendations for controlling mosquitoes and managing horses to avoid infection.
West Nile Virus Maps
- Provides a map of the United States showing the incidence of the disease in humans.
West Nile Virus in British Columbia
- Features surveillance data, frequently asked questions, press releases and publications.
West Nile Virus in Kansas
- Offers information on the status of West Nile Virus in Kansas and provides links to additional sites for information on West Nile virus in North America.
West Virginia: West Nile Virus
- Brochures and information about the disease in the state.
Wisconsin: West Nile Virus
- Includes news releases, state statistics, surveillance, and brochures.
Wyoming West Nile Virus Information
- Includes news releases, surveillance information in the state, forms, and fact sheet.
eMedicine - West Nile Encephalitis
- Infectious disease expert reviews clinical and laboratory data associated with the West Nile virus infection. Includes guidelines on diagnosis, encephalitis and meningitis treatment, and patient care.
eMedicinehealth - West Nile Virus
- Dr. David Donson offers a report on the symptoms of West Nile virus infection such as flulike fever, encephalitis, and meningitis. Includes information on emergency care and mosquito bite prevention tips.
CDC - West Nile Virus in Mexico: Evidence of Widespread Circulation since July 2002
- Article on the disease's spread in Mexico. (December 01, 2003)
New Scientist: Traces of West Nile virus found in UK birds
- First reported confirmation of antibodies to the disease in UK birds. (July 23, 2003)
Vitritis and Chorioretinitis in a Patient With West Nile Virus Infection
- Abstract of Archives of Ophthalmology article about a patient presenting with floaters and other eye problems. (February 01, 2003)
BBC News: Killer virus 'may have reached UK'
- News article on the disease. (October 28, 2002)
Inside Illinois: UI lab confirms first cases of West Nile in canines, squirrels
- News report of the confirmation of fatal cases of the disease in squirrels, a wolf, and a dog. (September 19, 2002)
USA Today: 21 West Nile deaths reported in Illinois in worst outbreak in the country
- News article about the human cases of the disease in the Chicago area, plus links to other stories concerning the disease. (September 18, 2002)
Topix: West Nile Virus
- News on West Nile Virus from various sources. [RSS]
West Nile Virus
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 11:51:58 AM EDT -