become an editor
the entire directory
only in Viral/Rubeola
Conditions and Diseases
Subacute Sclerosing Panencephalitis
This category in other languages:
- Information on the disease and its vaccine.
Dr. Greene's HouseCalls: Rubeola
- Answer to the question if it is possible to get the measles after immunization. Explains if, and how and why it is possible, as well as treatment.
eMedicine - Measles
- Article by Glenn Fennelly, MD.
eMedicine Health - Measles
- Factsheet that discusses both rubeola and rubella.
Health Central: Measles
- Features symptoms, diagnosis, expected duration, treatment and prevention for rubeola.
- Features cause, symptoms, diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, and prevention.
MayoClinic.com - Measles
- Includes cause, signs and symptoms, risk factors, complications, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment.
- Whale: The causes, therapies and vaccination. Includes a look at the risks of this disorder and the use of remedies such as homeopathy, naturopathy and nutritional medicines.
MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia: Measles
- Includes images, cause, symptoms, risk factors, tests, treatment, complications, and prevention.
- Directory of factsheets, articles, and news releases.
NHS Choices: Measles
- Provides information on this highly infectious viral illness. Includes a short video and details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment, complications and prevention.
- Also know as red or hard measles. Is best known for its typical skin rash. It is, however, a respiratory infection. Includes symptoms, treatment, prevention, incubation period, and duration.
- Features press releases, disease information, factsheets, documents, and meetings.
NPR : Measles Outbreak Shows Even Vaccinated Are at Risk
- A measles outbreak in Boston shows how the global economy opens opportunities for contagious viruses. Disease detectives say a computer programmer from India brought the measles virus to Boston's tallest office tower. The outbreak reveals that millions of Americans in their 30s and 40s are vulnerable to measles, even though they were vaccinated years ago. [5:15 streaming audio broadcast] (June 21, 2006)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 27, 2014 at 0:01:01 UTC -