become an editor
the entire directory
only in Viral/Rabies
Conditions and Diseases
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Viral: Rabies
Health: Animal: Conditions and Diseases
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Zoonoses
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Wounds and Injuries: Bites and Stings: Mammals
This category in other languages:
- Factsheet on this deadly disease caused by a virus that attacks the nervous system. Includes information on the animals affected, the signs in animals, bites, and how to help control the disease.
Canadian Food Inspection Agency: Animal Health: Disease Information - Rabies
- Factsheets and news articles.
- Comprehensive information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Compendium of Animal Rabies Control
- Recommendations for parenteral immunization procedures. Rabies vaccines licensed in US and NASPHV recommendations. [PDF]
- Information on the disease for physicians including pathophysiology, frequency in the US and internationally, morbidity and clinical details.
Indiana Rabies Guidebook
- Basic information on the disease from the Indiana State Board of Animal Health.
- National Institute on Allergy and Infectious Diseases documents and links about Rabies.
- Article by Dr Charlie Easmon, specialist adviser in travel medicine, describing the disease, how it is transmitted and what to do to prevent infection.
NHS Choices: Rabies
- Provides information on this infection also known as hydrophobia. Includes a short video and details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment, complications and prevention.
Oral Rabies Vaccination Programs
- Information about the Texas Oral Rabies Vaccination Programs. Features maps, summaries, reports, and bait/vaccine.
Rabies Bulletin Europe
- Reports on the disease and surveillance information from the World Health Organization.
- Information about rabies and the types on wildlife in Canada that carries the virus.
- Offers detailed information regarding Rabies and vaccines for prevention.
- Encyclopedia article on this fatal viral disease.
World Rabies Day
- Annual event that aims to raise awareness about the impact of human and animal rabies, how easy it is to prevent the disease, and how to eliminate the main global sources. In English, Spanish, French and Portuguese.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, April 26, 2013 5:15:06 AM EDT -