become an editor
the entire directory
only in Viral/Poliomyelitis
Conditions and Diseases
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Viral: Poliomyelitis
Post Polio Syndrome
Health: Child Health: Immunizations
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Neurological Disorders: Neurodegenerative Diseases: Motor Neuron Disease
This category in other languages:
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation: Polio
- News and information about the global polio eradication efforts, including blog posts, infographics, photos, videos, key partners and online resources.
- Technical information on this disease, its pathogenesis, laboratory diagnosis, epidemiology, vaccines, eradication and postpolio syndrome. [PDF]
Global Polio Eradication Initiative
- Provides information about poliomyelitis, the global situation, research, news, funding, publications and meetings.
MedlinePlus: Polio and Post-Polio Syndrome
- Directory of news, articles, and factsheets.
- Factsheet for world travellers on this vaccine-preventable disease, including its global status and risk.
National Polio Surveillance Project
- Contains polio surveillance data for India updated weekly, with information and documents on the Polio Eradication Programme.
NHS Choices: Polio and Post-Polio Syndrome
- Provides information on this infection. Includes a short video about advances in immunisation and details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment, complications and prevention.
Patient UK: Polio Immunisation
- Factsheet explaining why all children and adults should be immunised against this disease.
Patient UK: Poliomyelitis
- Factsheet on this viral disease, its epidemiology, transmission, pathophysiology, presentation, management, complications, prognosis and prevention.
Polio Free India
- Campaign to spread awareness about poliomyelitis and to eradicate the disease from India and the world. Provides news, FAQ and information on how members of the public can help.
UNICEF: Eradicating Polio
- Highlights the efforts for world-wide eradication of polio by UNICEF and its partners.
Whatever Happened to Polio?
- The Smithsonian Natural Museum of American History explores polio's history, the science and philanthropy behind the vaccines, experiences of people who contracted polio, and current global efforts at stopping transmission of the virus.
- Source of information on this highly infectious viral disease which mainly affects young children. Includes both general and technical information, news, multimedia and publications.
- Encyclopedia article on this acute viral infectious disease, its cause, transmission, diagnosis, prevention treatment, prognosis and eradication.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, April 2, 2013 12:35:09 PM EDT -