become an editor
the entire directory
only in Influenza/Avian
Conditions and Diseases
Health: Animal: Birds: Conditions and Diseases
This category in other languages:
- Factsheet from AXA PPP Healthcare including information on flu, what is special about the H5N1 strain of avian flu, how it’s caught, its symptoms, diagnosis and treatment.
- Information from Wikipedia on this disease caused by influenza-type viruses adapted to birds, the virus genetics, bird influenza pandemics and the pathogenic H5N1 strain.
- Information on biosecurity for wild birds, pet birds and poultry from the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service of USDA.
- Information on bird flu from Australia's Department of Health and Ageing.
Avian Influenza (Bird Flu)
- Information on the disease from the United States Department of Agriculture.
Avian Influenza (Bird Flu): Implications for Human Disease
- Overview of avian influenza (bird flu) and analysis of the developing threat to humans.
Bird Flu - Cornell Lab of Ornithology
- Learn about the impact of avian flu on birds and humans with advice for bird watchers.
Bird Flu and You
- Provides an overview of this infection and a number of informative articles.
Bird Flu Update
- Presentation by Sharon Redrobe, RCVS Specialist in Zoo and Wildlife Medicine, on the implications of bird flu for zoos.
- Dr Martin Williams offers his personal collection of information, news items and links to sites on bird flu from round the world.
CDC: Avian Influenza (Bird Flu)
- Facts about previous flu pandemics, and key facts about bird flu and the avian influenza virus.
- News on avian influenza from the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota.
Global Initiative on Sharing Avian Influenza Data
- GISAID aims to foster international sharing of avian and other influenza virus sequences, related clinical and epidemiological data associated with human isolates, and geographic and species-specific data. It includes the EpiFlu Database which provides secure storage and the analysis of genetic, epidemiological and clinical data.
The Global Strategy for Prevention and Control of H5N1 Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza
- Strategy announced in October 2008 devised by the FAO and OIE in collaboration with the WHO. [PDF]
The Guardian - Bird Flu
- Ongoing news coverage of the H5N1 virus and the possibility of a human pandemic. Includes Flash slideshow showing how a pandemic might start.
HSE: Avian Influenza Virus
- Provides advice on assessing the risks and the precautions to take for people working in poultry houses, zoos, bird sanctuaries, pigeon lofts, pet shops, quarantine areas, abattoirs or any other environment containing birds.
International Society for Infectious Diseases
- With frequent updates on the incidence of, and plans to detect cases of, avian flu.
Key Facts about Avian Influenza (Bird Flu) and Avian Influenza A (H5N1) Virus
- Provides information on this disease in birds, human infection with avian influenza viruses and human health risks during the H5N1 outbreak.
Mayo Clinic: Bird Flu (Avian Influenza)
- Provides an overview of the disease, its effects on birds and humans, and the possibility of a global pandemic.
MedlinePlus: Bird Flu
- News and links.
Nature: Bird Flu
- Events relating to, and science about, bird flu, presented by the science magazine Nature.
New Scientist: Special Report: Bird Flu
- Provides an expert guide to the disease and regularly updated news and articles from around the world.
NewsNow: Bird Flu
- News stories from around the world.
- Provides a daily update of the avian influenza situation in animals around the world, provided by the World Organisation for Animal Health.
Options for the Use of Human H5N1 Influenza Vaccines and the WHO H5N1 Vaccine Stockpile
- World Health Organization consultation document. [PDF]
Pet Bird Flu Information Center
- Avian influenza information for pet owners. Specific sections for cat, dog, and bird owners with coverage of the spread of the disease and how best to protect your pet.
The Poultrysite Guide to Avian Flu
- Provides information on this disease, its diagnosis and its control in commercial poultry flocks, with regularly updated news of the spread of the disease around the world.
Questions and Answers about Avian Influenza (Bird Flu) and Avian Influenza A (H5N1) Virus
- Information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention avian influenza homepage.
Trust.org - Bird Flu
- Latest stories and articles on this subject provided by Reuters.
Understanding Bird Flu
- Find information on avian influenza and how to stay safe and prepared.
USGS National Wildlife Health Center: Avian Influenza
- Up to date world news on bird flu in wild birds.
World Health Organization
- Communicable Disease Surveillance and Response: includes updated counts of human incidence of Avian flu, and updates of the state of medical knowledge.
Flu Shots and the Bird Flu
- Explains why the normal vaccination will not protect against this specific virus. (October 01, 2005)
CNN.com - Bird flu: What you need to know
- Questions and answers about Avian Influenza. (January 24, 2004)
WHO: Avian Influenza
- Fact sheet about the disease and its risk to humans. (January 15, 2004)
Bird Flu/Avian Flu News from Medical News Today
- Latest headlines in feed form. [RSS]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 3, 2015 at 0:30:17 UTC -