become an editor
the entire directory
only in Influenza/A-H1N1
Conditions and Diseases
News and Media
Health: Animal: Mammals: Swine: Conditions and Diseases
Health: Public Health and Safety: Disease Control and Prevention
This category in other languages:
CDC: 2009 H1N1 Flu
- Provides information in general and for specific groups, what to do to stay healthy, situation updates, vaccine status, and online resource material. From the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
WHO: Pandemic (H1N1) 2009
- Provides news, FAQs, guidance documents, situation updates, regional information. From the World Health Organisation, Global Alert and Response (GAR).
A/H1N1 Influenza Outbreak Timeline
- Blog with details of global infections in the ongoing H1N1 swine influenza outbreak that started in 2009. Maintained by a student living in the United States.
Alltop: Top Swine Flu News
- Swine flu news and headlines from around the web.
American Public Health Association: Influenza Preparedness
- Lists a large collection of fact sheets, news reports, FAQs, blog entries, journal articles, and book chapters about the disease and its control.
AOL Health: Swine Flu Center
- Features news, symtoms, treatment, prevention, and myths about the disease.
Australian Government Department of Health and Aging: Health Emergency
- Information about pandemic(H1N1) influenza. Includes current status news, epidemiology, symptoms, prevention, and fact sheets.
BMJ: Pandemic Flu
- British Medical Journal Group presents flu learning modules, news, blog, podcasts, and resources.
British Medical Association: Influenza
- Swine flu resources for professionals and the public.
BTV Health: H1N1 Flu
- Provides podcasts, blogs, FAQs, news, and videos about the disease.
California Department of Public Health: H1N1 Flu
- Provides information on flu, its symptoms and prevention, getting vaccinated and statisics for the state. Includes links to CDPH, CDC and WHO information.
CIDRAP: Novel H1N1 Influenza (Swine Flu)
- News, overview, selected reading list and resources, provided by The Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy.
EBSCO Publishing: Influenza Portal
- Information about the flu from EBSCO's evidence-based resources for physicians, nurses, and patients.
eMedicine: H1N1 Influenza (Swine Flu)
- Article by Michael Stuart Bronze, MD with history, current outbreak information, symptoms, prevention, treatment, and testing.
eMedicinehealth: Novel H1N1 Influenza
- Includes symptoms of the illness, infection treatment and prevention, vaccine history, test, slideshows, disease history, and doctor's perspective.
Europa: Pandemic (H1N1) 2009
- Official European Union website provides news, statistics and graphs, documents, information and advice including antivirals and vaccines, and updates on what the European Commission is doing.
Feeling Flu: Swine Flu Symptom Assessment
- Provides an online assessment test that gives the user an indication of their risks of contracting swine flu and provides a free Personal Action Plan based on their unique answers. Includes other flu-related resources.
HealthMap: Track H1N1 (Swine Flu)
- Tracking map of the latest alerts around the world and in the U.S.
Human/Swine A/H1N1 Influenza Origins and Evolution
- Wiki enabling the rapid dissemination of results resulting from the analysis of genetic data from the ongoing Influenza A/H1N1 outbreak.
Illinois Department of Health: H1N1 Flu
- Provides newsroom, eduational resources, vaccination information, and statistics.
- Collaboration of clinicians and researchers working in intensive care units around the world. Aims to improve the care of patients with severe H1N1 infection through clinical research into its natural history and optimal treatment.
JAMA: H1N1 Influenza
- Presents research and scientific articles, editorials, news stories and commentary from the Journal of the American Medical Association.
Kidshealth: H1N1 (Swine) Flu Center
- Offers a series of articles about different aspects of the disease.
The Lancet: H1N1 Flu Resource Centre
- The medical journal presents a collaborative resource by the editors of over 40 Elsevier-published journals and 11 medical and science societies.
Mayo Clinic: H1N1 Flu
- Overview covers swine flu symptoms, tests, treatment, risk factors, assessment of the pandemic, expert answers to questions, complications, and prevention.
MedicineNet: Swine Flu
- Provides facts on swine flu (swine influenza A H1N1 virus) history, symptoms, how this contagious infection is transmitted, prevention with a vaccine, diagnosis, treatment, news and research.
MedlinePlus: Swine Flu
- Provides information on this disease with news, facts and available treatments.
Medpage Today: Flu and URI
- Infectious disease news from across the globe.
Merck Manual: H1N1 Swine Influenza
- Fact sheet with cause, information about current outbreak, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention.
Nature: Swine Flu
- A series of news articles, features stories, resarch and forumsfrom the medical and science magazine.
New England Journal of Medicine: H1N1 Influenza Center
- Ongoing coverage from a medical perspective includes news, research, surveillance updates, policy, publications and background material.
New Zealand Ministry of Health: Influenza A (H1N1) Swine Flu
- Provides news, signs and symptoms, prevention, caring for others, and information for health professionals.
NHS Choices: Swine Flu (H1N1)
- Provides information on this strain of influenza that caused a flu pandemic in 2009-2010. Includes details of symptoms, causes, treatment and pregnancy.
OFFLU: OIE/FAO Network of Expertise on Animal Influenza
- Background information including FAQ, official statements, media releases, the disease situation and pandemic phases.
Pacific Public Health Surveillance Network: Influenza A H1N1
- Includes surveillance data, advise, guidelines, posters, articles, and reports.
Pan American Health Organization: Swine Influenza
- Portal providing links to information on the 2009 outbreak of this disease.
Public Health Agency of Canada: H1N1 Flu Virus
- Presents fact sheets, FAQ, symptoms, prevention, vaccine information, facts for specific groups, provinces, and territories, webcasts, media room, and preparedness guide.
Rhiza Labs: FluTracker
- Provides a world map showing reported cases, compiled using data from official sources, news reports and user-contributions.
Swine Flu in Italy
- Blog about the spreading of the H1N1 virus, public feelings and the government's efforts. The sources are newspaper cuttings, press releases from the Italian Ministry of Health and reports from WHO, CDC and ECDC.
Texas Department of State Health Services: H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu)
- Features investigations in the state, videos, press releases, and factsheets for the public and for professional health care workers.
theAirDB: Swine Flu
- Graphical heat-map and time-line showing reported instances around the globe.
U.S. National Library of Medicine: Enviro-Health Links 2009 H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu)
- Provides information on federal and state responses, antiviral medication, vaccination, and guidance for professionals. Includes international resources and veterinary resources.
University of Iowa: Influenza A (H1N1) also Known as the Swine Flu
- Extensive guide to web resources including latest news, maps, when to see a doctor, and educational resources for children. Provided by the University of Iowa Libraries.
ViralZone: H1N1 Subtype
- Illustration of the virus and information on its molecular biology and replication.
WebMD: H1N1 Swine Flu Guide
- Provides news, medical facts and practical advice.
Wikipedia: 2009 Flu Pandemic
- Hyperlinked encyclopedia article about the global outbreak of the strain of influenza A virus subtype H1N1 identified in April 2009.
Wiley-Blackwell: Essential Resources on Influenza
- Peer-reviewed articles from the company's publications on the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and history of Influenza.
H1N1 D225G Mutation a Reason of Concern
- Part of an ongoing series of articles on the mutations that are being reported within the H1N1 influenza virus. (November 24, 2009)
Health Protection Agency: Swine Influenza
- Frequently updated information on the 2009 flu pandemic in the UK. Includes a weekly press release. [RSS]
WHO: Swine Influenza
- Latest news on the swine influenza situation in humans around the world. [RSS]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 25, 2014 at 6:15:09 UTC -