become an editor
the entire directory
only in Viral/Influenza
Conditions and Diseases
Kids and Teens: Health: Conditions and Diseases: Influenza
Shopping: Health: Conditions and Diseases: Respiratory Conditions
This category in other languages:
American Lung Association: Influenza
- Provides up-to-date facts and reports about influenza, both for health-care professionals and for members of the public.
BioHealthBase: Influenza Virus
- Global public database and analysis resource for the study of influenza viruses. Includes a daily case report and sequence summary for Influenza A (H1N1).
CBC news - Fighting the Flu
- A CBC News in-depth report on popular misconceptions, facts on flu shots and a history of vaccinations.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Seasonal Influenza
- Vaccine and antiviral information. Also provides national and international surveillance reports.
Centre National de Référence de l'Influenza
- Offers general information about flu viruses and a look at current and prior flu activity in Switzerland and Europe.
CIDRAP: General Influenza and Flu Vaccine Information
- The Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy provides up to date news on these topics.
e-Medicine Health - Flu in Adults
- Consumer health resource center providing an overview of adult influenza and its causes, symptoms and treatment.
- General overview, clinical findings, treatment, and lab studies.
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control: Influenza
- EU agency surveillance in partnership with national health protection bodies across Europe. Includes risk assessment, short-term guidance, contact management, updates and related programs.
The Flu Dr. Reddy
- Michigan pediatrician offers general information on flu epidemics, symptoms, and vaccines. Read updates on the new Asian and Australian flus.
- The World Health Organization links national influenza centres and collaborating centres for global influenza surveillance.
- A database that anyone can edit.
- Provides access to U.S. Government H1N1, avian and pandemic flu information. Includes guidance for institutions of higher education, businesses, employees and individuals.
Foreign Affairs - Preparing for the Next Pandemic
- Examines the impact of a major influenza pandemic and discusses preparedness in detail.
Get Pandemic Planning
- Includes advice, checklists and resources for community, business and household influenza pandemic planning. Hosted by the Canterbury District Health Board NZ.
- Technical overview of the influenza virus, including the various types, the history of human infection, and ways to prevent and treat the illness.
Influenza (Flu) - Texas Department of Health
- Overview of influenza, case definitions, vaccine information (including the Influenza Vaccination Pocket Information Guide), and surveillance data with influenza activity levels.
- Information from Wikipedia on epidemics caused by influenza viruses that have spread on a worldwide scale and infected a high number of people.
Influenza Specialist Group
- ISG consists of medical and scientific specialists form Australia and New Zealand with interest in the flu. Provides the latest information and current news on influenza, including vaccination, and treatments.
Influenza Virus Illustration
- Computer graphics of the appearance and structure of the virus with a description.
Influenza Virus Net
- Aims to be a resource for the public and health professionals for influenza and to serve as a network for the exchange of information and news related to influenza.
Kilbourne, NY Medical College Influenza Archive
- An archive of influenza virus reassortants, mutants, and antisera, including a database of flu viruses and vaccines, with information about phenotype, genotype, special properties, and relevant published references.
Mayo Clinic: Flu
- A description of influenza, its symptoms, causes, complications, treatment and prevention.
MedicineNet.com - Influenza
- A collection of articles about cold and flu topics covering symptoms, vaccinations, medications, and treatment
- Easy to understand information for patients on influenza, a virus which causes a severe form of respiratory tract infection with generalised bodily symptoms
- Directory of news releases, articles, and factsheets.
National Foundation for Infectious Diseases: Influenza
- Provides information for consumers, health professionals and the media.
New York State Department of Health: Seasonal Influenza
- Includes educational materials, frequently asked questions and answers, news and vaccine information.
Oregon Influenza Facts
- Puts the virus into historical perspective for Oregon, including the numbers of flu-related deaths. Learn about risk factors and prevention.
Past, Present of Flu Pandemics Examined
- Article by Alvin Powell, first published in the Harvard University Gazette, discussing whether investment in healthcare systems around the world would improve global responses to a flu pandemic.
Strategy to Enhance Influenza Surveillance Worldwide
- Report of a study on the need for a global surveillance program to provide data needed for allocation of scarce healthcare resources.
ViralZone: Influenzavirus A
- Illustration of the virus and information on its molecular biology and replication.
Wear a Mask
- Provides details of simple precutions to be taken to avoid person to person spread of flu viruses, discusses the effectiveness of face masks and lists FDA approved masks.
WebMD Flu Guide
- Find information and resources to prevent the flu, or at least ease the symptoms.
What's Up with the Flu?
- Article from Miller and Levine providing a background to this disease and including much information on vaccines and their production.
- Overview article on the virus and infection in humans. Includes history, classification, replication, transmission, prevention, treatment and related topics.
Influenza - Topix
- News on the disease. [RSS]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 17, 2015 at 5:15:04 UTC -