become an editor
the entire directory
only in Herpes/Herpes_Zoster
Conditions and Diseases
Open Directory - Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Viral: Herpes: Herpes Zoster
Health: Pharmacy: Drugs and Medications: V: Varicella Virus Vaccine
- Concise factsheet explaining the causes, symptoms and treatment of shingles, available for downloading in Adobe Acrobat format.
CenterWatch: Herpes Zoster
- Listing of clinical research trials for Herpes Zoster infections.
eMedicine Health - Shingles
- Consumer health resource center providing an overview of shingles and its causes, symptoms and treatment.
- An overview of this disorder which is commonly known as shingles. A look at the signs and symptoms, diagnosis and treatment.
Massachusetts General Hospital: Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Factsheet on this viral infection including symptoms, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic: Shingles
- The condition defined plus symptoms, causes, risk factors, diagnosis, treatment and methods of self-care.
MedicineNet: Ramsay Hunt Syndrome
- Read about this disease caused by herpes zoster oticus, its symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis.
Medinfo: Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Easy to understand information for patients on shingles (Herpes Zoster), a painful, blistering rash caused by the chickenpox (varicella) virus which affects only a limited area of skin. Written by a UK general practitioner.
- Directory of factsheets, news, and articles.
NHS Choices: Shingles
- Provides information on this infection of a nerve and the area of skin around it including causes, symptoms, diagnosis, risks and treatment.
- Fact sheet explaining shingles, causes and treatment from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.
NINDS: Dyssynergia Cerebellaris Myoclonica
- Also known as herpes zoster oticus or Ramsay Hunt syndrome 1, an information page compiled by NINDS, the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.
Patient UK: Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Factsheet on this infection caused by the varicella zoster virus, its cause, symptoms, complications, treatment and prevention.
Pediatric Oncall: Varicella Zoster Virus
- Informational site offers details about VZV, such as what the clinical manifestations are, the complications of chickenpox, effects of the infection during pregnancy, and gives example of immunocompromised states.
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome
- Offers support for those suffering from RHS and associated illnesses. Find a discussion forum and read other personal experiences.
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome
- Dr. T. Balasubramanian provides information on this disease, its pathophysiology, clinical features, investigation and management.
- Information page compiled by NINDS, the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.
- Information for patients, including description of symptoms, photos of rash, and discussion of treatments, from New Zealand Dermatological Society.
Shingles Support Society
- Voluntary organization in the UK provides information on shingles and post-herpetic neuralgia for both patients and professionals.
Shingles: Hope Through Research
- A informational booklet compiled by the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS).
VZV Research Foundation
- Nonprofit organization combating the varicella-zoster virus and VZV infections. Includes information on VZV infections, the full text of Foundation brochures and scientific and medical news.
- Provides information on the cause, symptoms, treatments and the first shingles vaccine.
Usenet alt.herpes -
Usenet alt.support.herpes -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 7:15:04 PM EDT -