become an editor
the entire directory
only in Viral/Hendra_Virus
Conditions and Diseases
Health: Animal: Mammals: Equine: Conditions and Diseases
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Zoonoses
- An official statement from a NSW Government Minister in 1996 explains research into the spread of the disease in bat populations.
Hendra Virus Disease
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention present details of pathology, signs and symptoms, with a fact sheet to download.
The Henipavirus Ecology Collaborative Research Group
- Project to study the Hendra virus in bat populations in Australia and the Nipah virus in bat populations in southeast Asia.
Merck Veterinary Manual: Hendra Virus Infection
- Etiology, pathogenesis, epidemiology, transmission, clinical findings, diagnosis, treatment, control, prevention and zoonotic risk.
- Encyclopedia article on this genus of viruses responsible for the infectious diseases, Hendravirus and Nipahvirus, and transmitted by fruit bats. Includes details of the emergence and outbreaks of each disease.
Qld vet dies of Hendra virus
- ABC news report of the first human death in ten years. (August 21, 2008)
Hendra virus horse put down
- ABC news report of the euthanasia of an infected animal who recovered from the virus. (August 15, 2008)
Hendra virus infection in a veterinarian
- The Medical Journal of Australia presents an account of one of the human cases, including details of the mode of transmission from horses. (September 01, 2006)
The Exceptionally Large Genome of Hendra Virus
- Abstract from The Journal of Virology supports the creation of a new genus within the Family Paramyxoviridae. Full text available to download. (August 15, 2000)
Isolation of Hendra virus from pteropid bats
- Abstract from the Journal of General Virology. Full text article may be downloaded free of charge. (August 01, 2000)
New virus emerges in Malaysia
- A full-text article from the Journal of the Canadian Medical Association describes a case in a pig farmer. [PDF] (June 01, 1999)
Outbreak of Hendra-Like Virus
- The CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report describes cases from Malaysia and Singapore in 1998-1999. (April 09, 1999)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 23, 2014 at 3:32:13 UTC -