become an editor
the entire directory
only in Infectious_Diseases/Sepsis
Conditions and Diseases
eMedicine: Bacterial Sepsis
- Article by Burke A Cunha, MD.
- Provides information and resources on this life-threatening illness.
NHS Choices: Sepsis
- Provides information on this life-threatening illness caused by the body overreacting to an infection. Includes details of symptoms, causes, diagnosis and treatment.
Sepsis (Blood Poisoning)
- Provides information on this dangerous medical condition, the causes, symptoms, signs, diagnosis, treatment, prognosis and prevention.
- Organization aiming to help patients, families and medical professionals successfully combat sepsis. Includes information on the condition, the Team Sepsis Plan and other initiatives and resources.
- Encyclopedia article on this serious medical condition that is characterized by a whole-body inflammatory state due to an infection.
- Encyclopedia article with information on this medical condition where viruses enter the bloodstream, including the difference between primary and secondary viremia, and between the active and passive condition.
Breakthrough in Treatment for Sepsis
- Scientists at the University of Glasgow report that the newly discovered cytokine, Interleukin-33, may prove to be a new therapeutic agent for use against sepsis. (May 17, 2010)
CNN: Sepsis Can Strike, Kill Shockingly Fast
- Article asking how a healthy 20-year-old Brazilian model could die so quickly from an infection. (January 29, 2009)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 14, 2015 at 10:24:07 UTC -